Nothington "All In" vinyl on Left Off The Dial

Also from the BYO newsletter:

San Francisco's Nothington have confirmed that our friends at Left Off The Dial Records will be releasing their debut full length, All In, on vinyl. For more details on the release go to www.leftoffthedial.net.

And from Left Off The Dial:

Details are still being worked out, but expect this to arrive in the next couple months. Nothington have been one of my favorite bands to pop up in the Bay Area scene over the last few years and I'm really stoked to be able to release this on vinyl.

Chalk up another win for the superior format!

i saw them play at gilman this past weekend. there were only a few people into them. people were just standing there. they hardly got any applause, even when they asked for some and were thanking the other bands. i felt pretty bad. :P

yeah i have seen them too and doesnt seem many people like them....i think the crowds i have seen think they are boring....i think its good stuff

i saw them play at gilman this past weekend. there were only a few people into them. people were just standing there. they hardly got any applause, even when they asked for some and were thanking the other bands. i felt pretty bad. :P

We'll it's two fold. One, they were opening for Shook Ones after Hour of the Wolf. Shooks didn't even really know who they were. They were painfully out of place on that bill.

Two, fuck some of the bullshit hipster ass kids who go to Gilman. I love the idea of that place, but sometimes the fucking, "I'm so punk" kids make me physically ill.

Third, and you didn't say hi? Fuck you man. That's cold blooded. I was interviewing The Shooks before the show. You could have at least said "hi". Ice cold.

i had planned on hitting the gilman show, but we ended up going out of town.

i haven't been able to catch nothington since the DTR show last year, which is how i got into them.

and i'm catching jon in sac not in SF, so i won't see them w/ him this time either...

gilman is a better idea than a place to see a show...

OMG I was totally at the Gilman show too...

You guys are assholes. Totally not getting any of you birthday gifts this year.

sorry dude! first, i didn't know you were going. and second, i have no clue what you look like. if i knew, i would've said hi, for sure.

are you going to the show this friday in watsonville? you should go because i'm going. and if you are, you should totally let me hitch a ride with you so i dont have to pay ridiculous rental fees.

You guys are assholes. Totally not getting any of you birthday gifts this year.

sorry dude! first, i didn't know you were going. and second, i have no clue what you look like. if i knew, i would've said hi, for sure.

are you going to the show this friday in watsonville? you should go because i'm going. and if you are, you should totally let me hitch a ride with you so i dont have to pay ridiculous rental fees.

First of all, that's no excuse, just look for the dude who radiates sexy. I'll be that dude.

I'd be all about the Watsonville but I got me a wedding to go to this weekend so I'm all bitched out. Where do you live? There is a possibility for other ride options in the future. You know...if you hook it up.

ahhhh man you should go. should be nuts. i go to UCSC and live on campus. i was that filipino kid in that fucking black plaid type-sweater. not my first sweater of choice, but it was all that was clean then. :P

next time i look for the sexy guy.

what did you think about those dudes dancing on stage? the drunk ones.

Hey Everyone,

I'm glad to hear at least a few people are stoked this will be out on vinyl.

I had originally talked with the band about doing the lp back when they were recording the cd, but a combination of me not having the cash at the time, and neither myself or the band really pressing the matter led to it sort of going in limbo. I agree that it's totally a record that needs to be on vinyl and am excited to finally make this see the light of day. I'll post more as soon as I have the release date figured, but it shouldn't be too far off really.

As for the show at Gilman last Sunday. I think it was a fine show for them. No they didn't have a huge crowd response, but honestly the fact that they room still stayed fairly full during their set (no not as full as during Said Radio/Shook Ones obviously) is actually a sign people thought they were alright. I've been volunteering at Gilman for like 9 years and going there for close to 15...and when people hate a band, they don't stick around...they go outside.

It definitely wasn't an ideal show for them as it was a hardcore lineup, but it was far from awful and I think they sort of need to do more all ages shows in the bay area, even if they don't necessarily mesh perfectly on the bill.

Anyway, the vinyl will be out pretty quickly and I'll definitely post about it here as soon as I can. Virgil already emailed me and we'll probably do a contest and maybe some pre-order.

Thanks,

Dan

As for the show at Gilman last Sunday. I think it was a fine show for them. No they didn't have a huge crowd response, but honestly the fact that they room still stayed fairly full during their set (no not as full as during Said Radio/Shook Ones obviously) is actually a sign people thought they were alright. I've been volunteering at Gilman for like 9 years and going there for close to 15...and when people hate a band, they don't stick around...they go outside.

It definitely wasn't an ideal show for them as it was a hardcore lineup, but it was far from awful and I think they sort of need to do more all ages shows in the bay area, even if they don't necessarily mesh perfectly on the bill.

fa sho. i just felt bad for them that they didnt get much of a crowd response because they werent terrible. they were quite good and i liked the energy. so kudos to them for giving it all. :)