NOFX S&M airlines test pressing: Need INfo

I think i might just have obtained a test pressing of NOFX's S&M AIRLINES lp. My buddy gave it to me as a gift, and said it was given to him by Fat MIke when he was going to bring NOFX down to Corpus. THe Actual Cover just is white and says "Test Pressing" and includes a scanned 8x10 of the cover without the text, and a letter from Eric with a small bio that's basically a photocopied one too. ANd that's it.

It has Labels with the song titles and epitaph, but what i notices is it said "MASTERED BY CAPITOL" on the matrix. I checked at least 8 different albums for any kind of text of sort and nothing. So i do think while it may be a test, I basically want to make sure i'm not WRONG about this if anything. Some kind of confirmation of sort...ya know

I really wonder how much it's actually worth. Just so i know if at anytime i decide to sell it or trade. Because while i would love to own it, there are other records out there that' id rather own. or at least trade for guitar equipment..lol

So if anyone can help me out, i'd appreciate it.

yeah that'd make sense

anyone ever seen a test pressing full with labels and stuff too?

I guess it would most likely be a promo, but why test pressing on the outside cover? that's what i'm curious about? if only i could contact epitaph themselves or fat mike...as if i could

damn, i just got smited for just this...haha...oh the horror. I just emailed epitaph, maybe someone knows..haha..like anyone is there from that far back...

[image]

[image]

I need further inspection, these pics just aren't doing it. I'll pm you my address so yuo can send it to me.

and why would i send it too you? ;D i was more curious than anything. if anything it's a promo. since it only came with promo letter and a pic of the album art..

yea, but why would they do this? that's the question? The guys probably thought they were at the time, but come to find out, maybe the covers werent' done so Epitaph sent them a few of the lps without anything to send off as promos? maybe?

I emailed epitaph to find out if they new anything, but i am pretty sure that no one will know as it's been a long long long time