Mixtape trade

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the point of making a mixtape thread if people are allowed to trade cd's instead. doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

and i also made a mix cd on two different occasions and the people i supposedly traded with both stiffed me. it fucking sux. i hope this doesnt happen again with a handful of you.

what is the point of making a mixtape thread if people are allowed to trade cd's instead. doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

Some people don't have tape players. It only really defeats the purpose if you skip around, I try to listen to mix CDs I get all the way through.

OK, here's what I've got:

ryan - tape

acorren1 - tape

ezduzit - CD

trivialhirsute - either

errolwest & friend - CDs

zac - tape

voodooramen - tape

konk - tape

I still need addresses from:

talkinboutwillis

markbutlerftw

I just PMd you both.

If you want in on this still, PM me your address and choice of tape or CD, but do it soon.

and i also made a mix cd on two different occasions and the people i supposedly traded with both stiffed me. it fucking sux. i hope this doesnt happen again with a handful of you.

I totally agree, there is something cool about the time and effort you put into making a mix tape tape. However my tape deck pretty much blew up about 3 years ago and i had no real need to replace it since i could record all my vinyl to an ipod as apposed to 10 or so tracks to a tape.

If i had a tape deck i would definitely make a tape, but as i don't i still like receiving a selection of new music to check out and definitely would like to be a part of something like this, it just means i can only offer a CD.

If people don't want to trade with what i can offer then that's fair enough, but don't discredit a mix CD, although it doesn't take as much effort to make it still serves the same purpose and takes the same amount of conscious effort to compose.

I'm pretty drunk and going to stop waffling now, there is toast to be eaten!

i'm not discrediting a cd mix. hell i make tons of them. i'm just saying, why ask to trade tapes and then allowing cd's too. it would be the equivalent of a someone on here making a thread to trade lps for lps, but then winds up allowing to trade for cds. thus discluding many who would have traded otherwise. i wouldn't mind trading either a tape or cd, but right now i'm making a ton of cd comps for people or else i'd be up for this...

i'm not discrediting a cd mix. hell i make tons of them. i'm just saying, why ask to trade tapes and then allowing cd's too. it would be the equivalent of a someone on here making a thread to trade lps for lps, but then winds up allowing to trade for cds. thus discluding many who would have traded otherwise. i wouldn't mind trading either a tape or cd, but right now i'm making a ton of cd comps for people or else i'd be up for this...

Sorry dude, i was pretty drunk... i know it comes across as being arsey. I didn't mean it to.

Sorry dude, i was pretty drunk... i know it comes across as being arsey. I didn't mean it to.

no need for apologies, i knew you weren't intending to be rude, even if you thought you were. haha.

If it's some all in one combo deal you should just have play the record or whatever you are copying from and hit record. If it's all hooked up to a receiver you're probably going to have to unplug your turntable outputs and put them in the tape deck's record inputs. That's what I have to do anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...