TP/NR: A DEATH IN THE FAMILY Small Town Stories LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

A DEATH IN THE FAMILY "Small Town Stories" LP black vinyl

A DEATH IN THE FAMILY "Small Town Stories" LP cream vinyl

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=VC_RES

Gatefold vinyl! Recorded by Samuel Johnson at Three Phase Studios in Melbourne (with additional instruments recorded at The Arthouse Studio), Small Town Stories is a profoundly inspiring and moving punk rock record. Mixed by revered indie-rock musician/producer J. Robbins (Against Me!, Texas is the Reason, Jawbreaker) in Baltimore and mastered by Alan Douches at West West Side in New York, the album is the band’s most sonically striking to date.

Lyrically, Small Town Stories focuses on the shared experiences of the band members growing up in smaller communities in Australia. By turns intriguing and heartbreaking, the record touches on everyday experiences, but imbues them with a universal significance so that anyone, no matter where they live, can relate to it.

We have a test pressing contest and I actually need to double check with the label. It looks like we got more than a couple test pressings in from them and I just need to make sure they intended us to award that many winners. There will be at least 1 test pressing given away. good luck.

Do yourself a favour and check them out if you can make it.

Band rules

http://www.myspace.com/adeathinthefamily

It's great to see Resist starting to stock their releases here/OS and even sending you the pre-order colour and test presses (ahead of the release date at that). Which i haven't known them to do any of those things..ever basically

So much love for the things Graham/Resist has done for music in general over here.

got this in the mail during the week. will provide pictures of what it looks like over the weekend. is on cream colored vinyl. great band, great dudes, great labels involved.

the track bottom of the lake is about something that happened near where i live and really strikes a chord with me. its a sad sad story

great album though. better then their first, not quite as good as the four tracks on the split though

woo hoo....

victorian crew banding together on here. i found bottom of the lake pretty hard hitting too.

these guys really are nice dudes. and that sam, well was just in at three phase the other week watching him record a band called anchors.....and well, they dont call him magic johnson for nothing. the ears of an angel.