Record Store Day...who's going and to what store?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Record store day is going to be a badass day in my town. Our local show promoters are teaming up with Velouria Records, and at noon there's gonna be a sidewalk sale with a bunch of 50 cent vinyl. In edition, everything in the store is 10% off, and there's going to be live music in the store all day long. At 8, Kimya Dawson plays, and after her set we're relocating to a bar/venue downtown for Crystal Antlers.

Guest adam526
I'm going to be in Glendale with my girlfriend and her family. Going to try to figure out how to make it to Burbank and hit up Backside and Atomic Records.

Pass on both those places dude. Trust me.

Guest adam526
I'm going to be in Glendale with my girlfriend and her family. Going to try to figure out how to make it to Burbank and hit up Backside and Atomic Records.

Pass on both those places dude. Trust me.

If you strictly can only be in Glendale/Burbank then you're shit out of luck, but if you have the time, take the extra five minute drive to Hollywood and hit up Amoeba, or if you have a little more time go to Rockaway in Silverlake.

Atomic and Backside aren't worth the time. Their prices are ridiculous and their selection is poor. Atomic caries nothing but records from 1990 and before, with prices as if every record in the world was out of 10 copies. Backside hasn't stocked any new vinyl in the last couple years. Neither of these places will have the Record Store day titles. I hate to bag on these store since their only a few minutes from my house, but it's the truth.

Amoeba on the other hand will be packed all day and will carry what you're probably looking for. Once you leave, you're going to wish you had an extra few days to go through everything. Rockaway is a nice little store in Silverlake that has a good selection and fair prices, make sure to go through the 'new arrivals', that's where everything tends to be. It usually sells from there before it makes it to the racks. Also, in the back of the store there's a counter, just ask the dude working at the time if you can see the 7"s, they keep the 7"s that are worth a damn in cases behind the back counter, he'll be more than happy to let you go through the crates, and they have an extensive collection of used cds and extremely cheap prices.