looking for a good set of computer speakers

I plug my computer into my stereo. Great quality without having to buy two sets of speakers. The only downside is that you can't hear the computer and record player at the same time, which doesn't matter for me because the only thing I need to hear on my computer is music.

This, but I have 2 stereos.

I have seen these used for around $100 (but they are so worth the retail price too) - and if you can find them at that price, I'd grab 'em. I've never heard anything better for a computer (aside from hooking up to my stereo):

http://www.acoustic-energy.co.uk/Product_range/Aego_series/Aego_M.asp

PS - If you wanna come over and hear them, you are welcome to.

• 1 year later...

I didn't want to create a whole new thread but I am having problems w/ my computer speakers.

I have these from Dell:

[image]

More often than note, when I turn them on...no sound comes out...every once in a while, they will work but after a few minutes it will start getting all static and gargly as if inside a jet turbine. Then just stop w/ no sound coming out.

The connections w/ the subwoofer are fine. No visual problems w/ the cables and wires. Is it the speakers themselves?

Help! I haven't been able to listen to music or watch anything on my PC b/c of this.