Anathallo needs VC's HELP!

brammyg

I just saw this on AP.net:

"At the Anathallo gig in Bristol, UK the band revealed that the new album is completely recorded and mastered and they are now just awaiting someone to come along and release it for them. Hopefully it will see the light of day soon."

Virgil? Are you listening?

I wish someone would press Floating World already. They told me they want to do it, but know one wanted to put it out. That seems bizarre to me.

probably because they're not good/worth the investment. I wouldn't put out a record for a band that has been around 8 years with shotty turn outs and record sales.

seems about as safe of an investment as putting out anything river city high would think about doing at this point in time.

I wish someone would press Floating World already. They told me they want to do it, but know one wanted to put it out. That seems bizarre to me.

probably because they're not good/worth the investment. I wouldn't put out a record for a band that has been around 8 years with shotty turn outs and record sales.

seems about as safe of an investment as putting out anything river city high would think about doing at this point in time.

I preface this by saying I do not like Anathallo's music at all. I cannot stand it.

Putting out an Anathallo LP would be well worth the investment. My old roomate did the split with Javelins on vinyl and sold through them fairly quickly, he has no problem unloading the entire pressing (like 600 over two pressings if i'm not mistaken) in a matter of months.

I like these guys, but are they not working with the same people who manage the format? I would think they would help with vinyl. I will drop them a line and see what is up.

I like these guys, but are they not working with the same people who manage the format? I would think they would help with vinyl. I will drop them a line and see what is up.

Yeah, I know they're managed by Nettwerk, and I thought their label Artist Friendship was a Nettwerk imprint. But then they've said they're looking for someone to release it. If Virgil pressed this though, that would be awesome.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here these dudes fill the venues they play.

I don't know about elsewhere, but here these dudes fill the venues they play.

Yeah, 5-600 kids come out around here.