Photos of Alkaline Trio Goddamint (explanation)

Guest admin1338560633

I still think the white one looks the best, as it matches the new artwork the most. Now I have the chromatic inverse of my original copy of Goddamnit.

The red/black and the red one look sharp as well. As does the red with black splatter. The other ones are wacky but whatever, they grow on you.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly. These don't look good.

not to pick fights, but what do you care? as far as i know you don't listen to or follow alkaline trio and cream yourself over minus the bear. i don't listen to or follow minus the bear, and i think the colors for their latest vinyl release look bad. did i announce it to the world? no.

while i'll admit the VC exclusive color and the green/yellow split with white splatter don't match the artwork and there's been a color fiasco for this release as well, it's the same record on each slab of wax. i'd much rather have this on 180g black vinyl so shit like this can just die.

These don't look good.

bummer

got my package from AMR today...i ordered the 4lp + cd set + a BP exclusive (which i ordered some weeks later, but mike emailed me he'd send it along with the other stuff)

opened the package...5 sleeves but only 4 records in it...BP version missing as well as the cds & dvd

quite disappointed...no answer from AMR to my mails yet

I don't remember mine skipping on San Francisco, but I've only listened to it once so far so I might have missed it. I have the VC color by the way.

I have that one on the way I think so hopefully that can be the one I'll use. Its not a skip, its a constant loop so you would definitely notice it.

I dont know much about records but just wondering if type/quality of needle could be responsible for inconsistent reports about the skip/loop? Is it possible that a thicker needle could avoid the loop and a thin one not?

all records cleaned with a carbon fiber brush first. records player on a Numark TT-200 Direct Drive with an eagle-claw styled cartridge/stylus.

bloodpact => no skips

sky blue => no skips

clear/red splat => no skips

solid white => no skips

red/black split => no skips

vc exclusive => no skips

sorry guys, I don't know what's going on with your records.

I don't remember mine skipping on San Francisco, but I've only listened to it once so far so I might have missed it. I have the VC color by the way.

I have that one on the way I think so hopefully that can be the one I'll use. Its not a skip, its a constant loop so you would definitely notice it.

I dont know much about records but just wondering if type/quality of needle could be responsible for inconsistent reports about the skip/loop? Is it possible that a thicker needle could avoid the loop and a thin one not?

If you're needle is too heavy, it will skip. Trust me. I had my needle accidentally set to like 4 grams on my shitty turntable, and I blamed it on the needle. I finally bought a tonearm scale, and realized I was at 4 grams when I should have been at 1.95. I readjusted the tonearm, and it hasn't skipped once in the last 2 years.