bbc office to air on adult swim

On May 20th, [adult swim] is scheduled to announce new shows and give a thorough update on its eight-hour programming block.

TV Barn recently paid a visit to the mythical Williams Street office in Atlanta, where [as] founder Mike Lazzo let it be known that he’s acquired the UK-version of The Office: “That’s a done deal. It’s happening. …The only thing I don’t know is when to put it on.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/29/tv-b....lly-for-teens/

even though i have them all on dvd, it's great people will have the chance to see the originals.

gervais>carell

[image]

I love the BBC version of The Office, but I still like the US cast much better. &as much as I love Ricky Gervais, I still think Steve Carell does it better.

But, this is super exciting. I have the second season on DVD but I don't know whatever happened with the the first season of mine.

Too bad I don't have cable :( Maybe someone can VHS that shit for me! :D

great post though! I'm pretty psyched!

+1!

On May 20th, [adult swim] is scheduled to announce new shows and give a thorough update on its eight-hour programming block.

TV Barn recently paid a visit to the mythical Williams Street office in Atlanta, where [as] founder Mike Lazzo let it be known that he’s acquired the UK-version of The Office: “That’s a done deal. It’s happening. …The only thing I don’t know is when to put it on.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/29/tv-b....lly-for-teens/

even though i have them all on dvd, it's great people will have the chance to see the originals.

gervais>carell

[image]

i have that CD single. freakin' hilarious.

I was shown the BBC version of the Office quite a bit before the US version came about...so I still like it better, but I'm pretty sure it's just b/c of the way I saw the show first....much like if you hear the demo version of a song before the final mix and master of the real recording...and the final version always seems to kinda fall flat...I still watch the US version of The Office though

I also think that Gareth is much more believable character than Dwight...

I also think that Gareth is much more believable character than Dwight...

definitely now. dwight became unbelievable pretty quickly. I still wonder where the BBC version would've gone had they not been canceled. oh, the things we'll never know.

It wasn't canceled. Ricky Gervais only wanted to do 2 series. He did this w/ the Extras too. He didn't want it to get watered down or anything -- see: The Office Season 5

From what i've read, it seems that gervais and merchant knew if they kept on doing it that it would become stale, that the overall feel of the series would change. they intended on just leaving it all up in the air, but there was such a cry from viewers to wrap it up that they filmed the Christmas Special to fix all the loose ends. plus it gave them time to work on new projects, like Extras.

but i also hear that a lot of TV series in the UK only go for 2-4 seasons before they go off air. it keeps things new and fresher i suppose. sans for Big Brother and Doctor Who.

definitely now. dwight became unbelievable pretty quickly. I still wonder where the BBC version would've gone had they not been canceled. oh, the things we'll never know.

It wasn't canceled. Ricky Gervais only wanted to do 2 series. He did this w/ the Extras too. He didn't want it to get watered down or anything -- see: The Office Season 5

that explains so much. i used to watch the office religiously, and now I don't even know where I am at in this season.

Guest markovianprocess
but i also hear that a lot of TV series in the UK only go for 2-4 seasons before they go off air. it keeps things new and fresher i suppose. sans for Big Brother and Doctor Who.

This has an element of truth to it. Black Books went up to 3 seasons, Green Wing went to 2, I'm Alan Partridge went to 2, Father Ted went to 3, IT Crowd is currently at 3...I think it's better this way though.

that explains so much. i used to watch the office religiously, and now I don't even know where I am at in this season.

That sounds like it's more you than the show. I watch the show regularly, and haven't had any trouble keeping up.

And as to stay on topic, I don't even know what adult swim is, so the chances of this affecting me are quite slim.

This has an element of truth to it. Black Books went up to 3 seasons, Green Wing went to 2, I'm Alan Partridge went to 2, Father Ted went to 3, IT Crowd is currently at 3...I think it's better this way though.

Is Father Ted any good? I heard an ad for it while listening to Ricky Gervais' podcasts and thought it might be worth watching. Actually, Green Wing and the IT Crowd were in the same advert -- I enjoy IT Crowd, what about GW?

Guest markovianprocess

Is Father Ted any good? I heard an ad for it while listening to Ricky Gervais' podcasts and thought it might be worth watching. Actually, Green Wing and the IT Crowd were in the same advert -- I enjoy IT Crowd, what about GW?

I do enjoy a bit of Father Ted. If you enjoy IT Crowd, it was the same guy that created both programs so it will probably be right up your alley.

Green Wing has an excellent cast and I'd say it was the most underrated of the programs above. The actor who plays Dr Alan Statham (who was also in Spaced) really pulls off a brilliant performance. The scenes with Statham and Boyce are hilarious!

For Canadians we are getting The Office back-to-back with Extras I missed the first week of this so I watched the episodes online. I must say the two office programs are different from what I have seen. Also extras brought more laughs than the office but I am suspecting that may change.

For Canadians we are getting The Office back-to-back with Extras I missed the first week of this so I watched the episodes online. I must say the two office programs are different from what I have seen. Also extras brought more laughs than the office but I am suspecting that may change.

The Extras just keeps getting better and better, Series 2 was incredible.