i got charged with underage possession of alcohol

and i got a written arrest and have to go appear in front of a judge on a certain date. what should i say to him?

this is what happened....

my friend (who is straight edge) had a birthday party for his 20th birthday and i went with him to get a keg at a liquor store. i used my fake id that has never failed.. guy give us keg. i go outside to put it in the car and a cop is behind our car. we put it in and start driving and they pull us over immediately. search us, give us shit, take my fake id, tell me they are going to get me kicked out of college, and give us both written arrests and court dates. so stupid.

you should go ahead and take an alcohol course or go to a few AA meetings and get a paper signed saying you were there, before you go to court. that stuff always looks good to the judge.

and when you get to court. tell them you're young, got mixed up in the wrong crowd and tell them you're doing everything you can to get back on the right track (moved out of friends house, hanging out with better people, etc... all lies of course)

and ask them for a prayer for judgement. (if they do those where you live)

you should go ahead and take an alcohol course or go to a few AA meetings and get a paper signed saying you were there, before you go to court. that stuff always looks good to the judge.

and when you get to court. tell them you're young, got mixed up in the wrong crowd and tell them you're doing everything you can to get back on the right track (moved out of friends house, hanging out with better people, etc... all lies of course)

this.

seconded. if you can cry.

i feel like if it wasnt a keg then it would have been ok. i thought the law was you can trasport, serve, and possess alchol if you are at least 18... but the cops told me whoever said that is a fucking idiot. and they said that it wasnt a closed container because i could just "throw a tap on it and get wasted"

i feel like if it wasnt a keg then it would have been ok. i thought the law was you can trasport, serve, and possess alchol if you are at least 18... but the cops told me whoever said that is a fucking idiot. and they said that it wasnt a closed container because i could just "throw a tap on it and get wasted"

rules for possession vary by state, i think.

the store won't get fucked unless they sold you alcohol and DIDNT ask for ID. when i worked at a liquor store we weren't required to study/memorize what fake IDs looked like. you might get fucked for having a fake ID as that is forging federal documents but thats another story.