Vinyl Collective Label of the Month:Recess Records

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

I am excited to bring you May's Vinyl Collective label of the month, Recess Records. I have known Todd, owner of Recess, for well over 10 years. I first met Todd when his band F.Y.P played a show I had booked at Club 156 in Boulder (in 95' or 96'). When I booked that venue, we gave bands all the beer they could drink and F.Y.P took the record for most beer drunk by a band. Besides playing in F.Y.P, Todd has run Recess Records for close to 20 years (insane!). Recess served as his band's label but Recess also put out records for bands all over the world. As most long-running labels phase out, Recess is experiencing the strongest release schedule they have had in years. Recess has not only been reissuing classic records by Screeching Weasel, The Queers, and soon Pinhead Gunpowder, they have put out records for Off With Their Heads, The Bananas, Japanther, his band Toys that Kill, The Arrivals, Dwarves, and more.

We have the utmost respect for Recess and their long commitment to the vinyl format. We thank you Todd for taking the time to answer these questions and we are really excited about all the great records you have coming out.

Please read the interview as Todd explains why he put out vinyl, how he started putting out records, how he has been re-issuing classic Lookout Records' releases, his thoughts on colored vinyl, and some bands he would love to work with.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2009/05/07/may-vinyl-collective-label-of-the-month-recess-records/