NOFX - MRR on purple vinyl

I was given an exclusive on a purple vinyl pressing of the NOFX - MRR LP on mystic records. This won't be out until late summer at the earliest but the old man advanced me a small stash of them to sell as an exclusive.

You can nab yrslef a copy at www.punkvinyl.com/store

There's a photo of it here:

http://www.punkvinyl.com/2009/05/08/exclusive-nofx-mrr-on-purple-vinyl/

I've come to the conclusion that Doug Moody is dead and the only way for his great-grand children to pay for his funeral costs is to repress MRR 500 times.

Not true, he's not dead, and he has no grandchildren!

And there is a hell of a lot less variations of this record than Reinventing Axl Rose!

i love nofx. love love love them. have a nofx tattoo, have a killer nofx record collection.

that said this album sucks and repressing it over and over again is just a stupid cash in by doug moody.

well, i guess it cant be called stupid if people are still buying...

but the people buying this every fucking time theres a new color--stupid

I hate this high number of represses..., one or two would have been ok though.

It´s a pitty I have to get it for my collection...., fuck Moody.

Would anybody be willing to buy one and trade it to me for a liberal animation repress on clear blue vinyl f.e.?

PM me if you´re interested....

people think this record sucks?

im as big a nofx fan as anyone (maybe not servo) but i like this record.

hit it/hold it back is one of my fav nofx songs. plus live your life, bang gang, cops and donuts. shit rules you guys need to listen to this again.

liberal animation however i will not defend. and yes, they are different.

hit it/hold it back is one of my fav nofx songs. plus live your life, bang gang, cops and donuts. shit rules you guys need to listen to this again.

i think liberal animated sucks too, but not as bad as mrr. s&m airlines has their first good song with ribbed being their first solid record.

liberal and MRR are the same thing. you can't like those NOFX albums and their others ones. Its like two different bands from two different genres, unless you have a very broad taste in music you won't like both these kinds of NOFX. Everything before Ribbed is not good. Hefe was the greatest thing to ever happen to NOFX (granted he wasn't on ribbed and ribbed was still good)

Liberal Animation is a step up from MRR, but it's still not "good". I like some of the songs for nostalgic reasons(Six Pack Girls,Beer Bong, A200 Club), I love this band and would like to defend their entire catalog, but that's just not realistic. At the time these albums came out, it was possible to be a punk band AND sound good. Look at The Descendents, Adolescents, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion,etc.

Fat Mike's voice is so hard to listen to. Even on S and M there are some really rough spots and I think of all of that was necessary to pave the way for what they would turn into over the years. The first great thing they did, which still holds up today,was Longest Line.

you can't like those NOFX albums and their others ones.

sure you can. i like all their records including liberal, i just like it waaaay less then anything else and i wont defend it as being a good record.

Hefe was the greatest thing to ever happen to NOFX

the best thing to ever happen to nofx was the day fat mike bought bad religion 'suffer'

it´s not the record that sucks but the high number of different represses!!

I really like the vinyl and the music on it isn´t that bad at all too...

Sure NOFX released some better songs but it´s ok.

MRR is drastically different from NOFX's post-Ribbed output, but I don't think it sucks. It's a nice representation of where the band started and its amazing to see how NOFX evolved after that. Trying to compare this album against more recent NOFX is apples and oranges. I was first exposed to NOFX with Ribbed, so their early albums were all I could go back to and I really enjoyed MRR at the time.

you can't like those NOFX albums and their others ones.

sure you can. i like all their records including liberal, i just like it waaaay less then anything else and i wont defend it as being a good record.

Hefe was the greatest thing to ever happen to NOFX

the best thing to ever happen to nofx was the day fat mike bought bad religion 'suffer'

i disagree. they would have figured out their sound eventually without that album. However without hefe they would be terrible. Can't play the decline if there is no one to play trumpet.