i spent 7 hours in the emergency room

where was this?

On Loomis in between 14th & 16th street. It's a strange few blocks of pretty shady area right near Little Italy. We were coming from Taylor & Loomis where he lives and going to this BBQ place that was somewhere over near 18th st maybe? I don't even remember where we were going, because we never got there.

that's not Pilsen?

reason # 1,567,412 why I don't live in the ghetto parts of the city...sure you're not safe anywhere, but still...move to the northside.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':zc6t6e97]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':zc6t6e97]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I would carry some sort of protection here but 13 year olds run around with guns and kill people constantly (7 in the last 100 days). I'd rather just give up my wallet and take off the other way.

If they had made any sort of attempt to take something from him, I'm sure my friend would have obliged. Rumor has it that white males are being targeted near college campuses (this wasn't very far from a pretty big school here) for some sort of initiation thing for "crews".

That really sucks about all those kids killing people. That is terribly sad. :(

On Loomis in between 14th & 16th street. It's a strange few blocks of pretty shady area right near Little Italy. We were coming from Taylor & Loomis where he lives and going to this BBQ place that was somewhere over near 18th st maybe? I don't even remember where we were going, because we never got there.

that's not Pilsen?

reason # 1,567,412 why I don't live in the ghetto parts of the city...sure you're not safe anywhere, but still...move to the northside.

uhh no, I love living where I'm at (this didn't happen in my neighborhood fyi). I know I'll probably have to move to another neighborhood this summer and I'm fucking dreading it.

&this wasn't a "ghetto area", but it is block to block, just like many neighborhoods in the city. Yeah, my friend got jumped near UIC & Little Italy which can hardly be described as ghetto , but I witnessed a knifing over on the northside. I'm not going to pick up and move to a place I can't afford because of one incident. Which didn't even happen near my place.

My mother's day dinner convo actually talked on this topic. My mom talked about how in her day, people fought all the time, but for whatever reason there weren't the massive head traumas because people had restraint. Through 30 years as an ER nurse, she watched the concussions, traumas, and broken skulls increase dramatically to the point where it's pretty evident people don't have an 'off' switch anymore. I'm going to beat you until you're dead or there's a legitimate probability the police will catch me in the act. No one stops because the thought "oh shit, I might kill this person" enters their brain.

This is just one of the many things wrong with this society. It seems every time I talk with my mom, we end up in a conversation like this.