Sabotage Records...Teh lame?

So I'm just seeing if anyone has ever had any problems with this distro besides me. I placed a huge order with them back on January 3rd (roughly 130 euro). Through dozens of e-mails they told me what they had in stock, what they didn't and when they would have some items in. I waited....and waited.

On, February 5 they wrote saying the items they could stock would be sent out the next day and they'd send a refund for 81.25 Euro (over 2/3 of my order).

I waited.

On February 14th I wrote them to ask when I would be getting my refund. They replied on the 15th saying they had some computer troubles and they'd send it out ASAP and that my records were on the way.

February 22 I wrote them asking when I would be getting my refund. No reply.

February 28 I again asked for an update on the refund. Again no reply.

March 4 I wrote saying that if I didn't get an update on the refund I would go to paypal.

March 6 (really hoping to avoid getting a third party involved) I wrote asking for any response. I received a message saying he was out until April 10.

Today, I have no records and I'm out over $200. Totally psyched.

Sorry to hear about that :-| ~ I don't have any experience with that label, but something like that should never happen.

If it makes you feel any better - There's someone on the forums who's put me in a similar situation as you. I'm not gonna drop any name bombs ;-D - They're prob just really busy atm.

Yeah, I can't paypal claim him. I was going to but unfortunately you can only file a claim within 45 days of the initial payment...WHICH MAKES NO GOD DAMNED SENSE SINCE MOST OF THE TIME THEY SAY TO ALLOW 6 WEEKS FOR SHIPPING! Thanks paypal!

Anyhow, the dude did seem extremely nice but there's a point where continuing negligence is no longer acceptable. This is the most absolute bullshit distro I've ever dealt with and I'd highly recomend never using them to anyone ever again.

So I've filed a Paypal claim, even though it's passed the initial 45 days (seriously, 45 days for international transactions?). I'll wait and see what paypal claims. I told the guy he had until Friday, but when I got the autoreasponse of "I'll be back April 10" to my last e-mail, I figured there was no harm in rushing 12hours.

I nearly choked when I looked at the exchange rate and realized I was currently out over $200 to this guy. I can't believe you could take that kind of money from a person and just have the, "In due time" attitude. Just stunned.

Anyhow, I'm probably going to try and get something going against this distro in the future. I don't want to be a dick but I just feel that people (especially international customers) should be aware of what a hassle this distro is. They claim to have a ton of great items (My initial order included hard to find Ted Leo, Baroness, Death Cab for Cutie and Jawbreaker) and then they don't carry it and take forever (if ever) to refund your money. It's just unacceptable.

threaten him with a paypal dispute and the dude pays up quick, never again with that guy.

That's exactly what happened. Paid up over $120 in refunds today. To his credit he was incredibly nice, as always, but damn...it took nearly a month to get the refund.

Now I need to spend this $120 before it burns a hole in my paypal pocket.