Brand New U.S. club tour announced

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would see any of those bands for 15 bucks or less in a smaller venue

Me too. Even if they're aren't amazing, weird band hijinks aside, they put out one album I absolutely love (Deja) and one that's totally solid (The Devil...). And I'd see almost any band at the Troubadour in LA. Just saw The Thermals there Wednesday and it was awesome.

also yes, while virtually every band has at least some douchey fans, i have a feeling that i would have to drink a liter of vodka in order to cope with brand new's fans

Oh common, that's a total overstatement. Brand New's fanbase is either people who caught on around YFW and Deja, who are in the their mid-20s or young girls. Neither are difficult to deal with at all.

yikes. last time i saw them after the last album came out it was $30 with Thrice/mwy opening. i mostly wanted to just see mwy and was bummed out by both Thrice and Brand New, bands that just went soft and bland (sorry). i always am tempted to see Brand New again but i know better after the last 2 times.

Troubadour rules. i miss it so much! saw so many GREAT shows there.

and yeah, if you love Your Favorite Weapon like me, you will be disappointed royally. they didn't play a single song off it a couple years ago!

oof yeah EF that...guess this is one of those bands that are kinda mediocre that i used to really like when i was 15

thought i was the only one on this one, thanks. really dont understand all the hype this band still gets. especailly "fuck my life" responses when people cant get tickets.

i love the entire catalog of this band. they have changed and so have i, i think both of us for the better. while YFW is a classic, TDAGARIM is a pop masterpiece.

oof yeah EF that...guess this is one of those bands that are kinda mediocre that i used to really like when i was 15

thought i was the only one on this one, thanks. really dont understand all the hype this band still gets. especailly "fuck my life" responses when people cant get tickets.

Directed at moi?

I'll own up to saying it but I'm pretty bummed about not getting tickets. I don't listen to Brand New all that much anymore to be honest. BUT, I've always wanted to see them live because I've never had the chance to.

And the venue they're playing in Philly is incredibly intimate. It's definitely going to be an experience. I'm really into shows like this.

If it's not your thing, whatever fine, but it is some people's.