Favorite Concert?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot but these are the ones that stand out.

The Good Life/Make Believe/Zykos at the Cromwell Knights of Columbus in CT

The Lawrence Arms/None More Black/Colossal at the Empress Ballroom in CT

Polar Bear Club/Crime In Stereo at the High Ground in New Orleans. One of the most bizarre sets I've seen

Say Anything/Armor For Sleep/Recover at the Webster Underground in CT

Flaming Lips at Voodoo Fest in New Orleans

7/19/2003 - Brand New / Beautiful Mistake / Senses Fail / Moneen - Houston, TX - Mary Jane's Fat Cat

This one stands out for some reason. Probably because it was my fifth concert. I was visiting my parents in League City and decided to see if any bands were in town. I get there and it's sold out. Everyone's crowding around the front door trying to watch, but the front door is exit only. I walk around to the back and of course, the guy's not letting anyone in. I hang around for 30 minutes maybe. Eventually the gate mysteriously opens by itself and a group of us run in as fast as we can. I hung out on the patio for a while so it didn't seem too obvious. When I go in I see that a lot of people had left because they justed wanted to see Senses Fail! Brand New put on a great show and it was a pretty small bar. Afterwards I sat on the curb with some people I just met and smoked a cigarette.

Jogging my memory:

Lifetime's last show @ the Melody NB, NJ.

Bad Brains @ City Gardens, sometime in '87 (or '89, can't really remember)

Fugazi @ City Gardens, sometime in '92.

Rancid @ City Gardens, Fall of '94 (touring on Let's Go)

Citizen Fish/Avail @ Wetlands, '95 or '96.

The Ex @ Knitting Factory, '97, '98, '00, '03

Subhumans (UK) @ FU Church, '06(?)

Almost every NYC squat show, New Brunswick basement show and every SCAC, Stormshadow and Springsteen show I've been to.

Edit: And of course every Kid Dynamite/PiB show at the Church!

Radiohead in Cuyahoga Falls 2008

Superchunk reunion in Chapel Hill in like ... 2006 maybe?

Animal Collective at Royal Oak Music Theatre 2009

Peaches at Majestic Theatre 2009

The Promise Ring & Smoking Popes at the Flower 15 in 2005 at the Metro

Girl Talk in Pontiac in 2007?

Ghostland Observatory at Bonnaroo 2008!

I have a feeling I'm going to be editing this a lot.

Cursive/ Make Believe/ Little Brazil

The Canopy Club, Champaign-Urbana. July 5, 2006.

I think I could see Cursive play 100 more times and they wouldn't put on as great of a show they did that night. I can't explain how fantastic they sounded, or how much energy they had, or how fun it was.

mewithoutYOU/Piebald/The Snake, The Cross, The Crown/ Manchester Orchestra

The Metro, Chicago. June 23, 2007

I'd never heard Manchester Orchestra before this show and they blew me away. SCC had just put out 'Cotton Teeth' and was (were?) just flawless. Piebald was a lot of fun. mwY was okay, but it was the first 2 bands that really made this show for me.

The Get Up Kids/ Brand New

Blender Theater at Gramercy, New York City. May 1, 2009.

I never thought I'd get to see The Get Up Kids live because I didn't get into them until they'd broken up, and having Brand New as a surprise opener is a hell of a kicker.

mewithoutYOU/Piebald/The Snake, The Cross, The Crown/ Manchester Orchestra

The Metro, Chicago. June 23, 2007

I'd never heard Manchester Orchestra before this show and they blew me away. SCC had just put out 'Cotton Teeth' and was (were?) just flawless. Piebald was a lot of fun. mwY was okay, but it was the first 2 bands that really made this show for me.

you should send TSTCTC a myspace message or post for encouragement to start playing again...i talked to the kids in M.O. last night and asked if they'd call 'em or send 'em messages as well. Kevin (singer) from TSTCTC just got married 2 weeks ago, I think most of them (maybe william hasn't) have finished college...they need to get crackin' on new music

Probably Pearl Jam in Stockholm in 2000, that was pretty awesome. Vedder played a couple of solo-tunes before the Dismemberment Plan opened up.

Also, this german band Frontkick (FUCKING AWESOME BAND!!!) were brilliant in Hamburg a couple of years ago.

Those are my two absolute favorites so far.