seriously ? ebay content

Guest kevinb

Guest kevinb

That's why people sell stuff on ebay for money right? sure it might be kind of dumb to depend on that $ but that is why I am selling stuff to get money for a show.

I guess it just kind of sucks that you are "entering a contract" yet when anything ever go's wrong it is put on the seller, and buyer is always right.

regardless it's sold and he will still receive a positive feedback, at least he paid for the auction I can appreciate that.

Still a lame excuse in my book, If you can't keep track of what you even own or supposedly.

Not really a big deal but it is a nice example of how ebay is favoring on buyer end even though it is the seller's they are profiting off of.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha awesome. that was me. (ebay user id: shitstroll)

its not an excuse, I do in fact already have the LP. (check HYE list)

though, its funny how you run to VC and complain (cry?) about it.

Even though I did ask for a refund, and re-listing an item is only one click a way, if you find it too hard to refund the money to me go ahead and just send it.

Not that I have anything you'd want you've just been added to my bad buyer ebay block list. I fucking can't stand people who don't take responsibilty for their mistakes. A major problem with this country. Your the crybaby in my mind. If it's so easy to take care of why didn't you just go through with the binding contract you made and sell it yourself when you get it?

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

Also, this is one of the problems with the ebay feedback situation. The buyer has all the control. He can just threaten bad feedback and their is nothing the seller can do about it.

I dont understand this comment. How did he not take Responsibility? He Paid for it. All it seems that he did was ask if he could be refunded for an honest mistake. Some of us have more than 20 records and it gets hard to keep track of them. It seems that he even, in this thread, said he would not take the refund and just have the double. It doesn't seem like either side is in the wrong. They were both pretty straight up about the situation. Things happen. I sold 130ish records last month, I can't even begin to tell you how many people flaked. Even on this board. It happens, and it will continue to happen. But in my mind Impact did it the right way. It would have been more dishonest to buy the record and not pay for it, but he paid and was honest about the situation.

Not that I have anything you'd want you've just been added to my bad buyer ebay block list. I fucking can't stand people who don't take responsibilty for their mistakes. A major problem with this country. Your the crybaby in my mind. If it's so easy to take care of why didn't you just go through with the binding contract you made and sell it yourself when you get it?

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

Also, this is one of the problems with the ebay feedback situation. The buyer has all the control. He can just threaten bad feedback and their is nothing the seller can do about it.

I dont understand this comment. How did he not take Responsibility? He Paid for it. All it seems that he did was ask if he could be refunded for an honest mistake. Some of us have more than 20 records and it gets hard to keep track of them. It seems that he even, in this thread, said he would not take the refund and just have the double. It doesn't seem like either side is in the wrong. They were both pretty straight up about the situation. Things happen. I sold 130ish records last month, I can't even begin to tell you how many people flaked. Even on this board. It happens, and it will continue to happen. But in my mind Impact did it the right way. It would have been more dishonest to buy the record and not pay for it, but he paid and was honest about the situation.

But the most stand up thing to do is to actually accept the record that you bid on and paid for. That bid is a legally binding contract. He should have just took the record and then resold it himself. Sometimes the seller needs some cash right away, why should the seller suffer because the buyer didn't first check if he owned the record. I've bought plenty of records that I already owned but I followed through on the deal, I wouldn't even dream of asking for a refund. Mostly because I know that's just not right but also I know that if I'm selling something on ebay I usually need quick cash and I can't afford to wait on a new bidder. The fact that Kevin was able to find a new buyer so quickly is a moot point and doesn't change the fact that it is the buyer's responsibility to know what he's buying.

This isn't about Kevin or Impact. This is just about what's right and wrong. If it wouldn't have turned out that the buyer was a respected member of this forum there wouldn't even be a discussion, everyone would be telling Kevin that the buyer pulled a dick move.

To expand on that last post...

I'm usually one of the first to claim people seem almost eager to call people out for fucking up, like laying on the horn, flipping off, and swearing at someone who cut you off because they didn't see you in a blindspot. Sometimes legitimate mistakes happen. If you're not harmed by it, let it go.

But you can't really expect everyone to forgive everything. Not checking beforehand is inexcusable since you really don't have a reason. Either your collection is there, so check, or wait and check when you get home. If you don't want to, buy it with the knowledge that you might already own it and tough it out. It's not the seller's fault you didn't want to risk losing an item you might already have. Tough shit... there's no consequences in today's world.

"I'm not undisciplined, I just have ADHD."

"I didn't kill anybody, I had temporary insanity."

People just have excuses for everything. No one takes ownership for anything. It really is disheartening that society has come to excuse after excuse, and the only way to right the wrong is to sue anyone and everyone until more of society is ruined.

Yes, I took this on an incredibly far-fetched tangent, but it's small-scale stuff that leads to us ok'ing the bigger picture.

this is so retarded. the guy even offers to cover the ebay charges and you STILL have to gripe about it on the internet? i hope your next buyer flakes out too

If you think that flaking out on a legally binding contract is an appropriate way to conduct business then you, sir, are retarded.

big fucking deal, people return ebay purchases all the time, i just did today.

What I will never understand about all of this is how you buy a record you already have. What's so hard about looking through your stuff and seeing if it's there. Or, even easier, checking your list.

what you really dont understand is what it means to make an honest mistake, which is pretty lame

What I will never understand about all of this is how you buy a record you already have. What's so hard about looking through your stuff and seeing if it's there. Or, even easier, checking your list.
I've got records spread across 2 states and about 3 or 4 locations. I havent lived in a home for more than 4 month at a time since i was 16ish so i've got stuff at a few peoples houses. Even with my personal collection that i have to my left right now, it about 600 pieces of vinyl and its not organized at all. so by the time I get to the end of it to search for something, the Buy Now listing may have been bought, so I like to secure my purhcase. Obviously I know my major wants and i'm not going to buy a $200 records 5 times over but little purchases happen alot to me. I've never asked anyone over ebay to refund me though. I just resell or trade it, but then you get accused of "flipping" so even if i try to be honest i cant win with some people.

what you really dont understand is what it means to make an honest mistake, which is pretty lame

Honest mistake is fine, but why should it be the SELLER (the guy that DID NOT make any mistakes) that pays the price for that dude's mistake? What we're saying is the buyer needs to own up to his mistake and accept the responsibility of selling/trading that record down the line.

Honest mistake is fine, but why should it be the SELLER (the guy that DID NOT make any mistakes) that pays the price for that dude's mistake? What we're saying is the buyer needs to own up to his mistake and accept the responsibility of selling/trading that record down the line.

thats all a part of doing business. the fact that the seller acted like such a little bitch about it makes him completely unsympathetic, too.

thats all a part of doing business. the fact that the seller acted like such a little bitch about it makes him completely unsympathetic, too.

I'd like to bet if someone flaked you like that you would bitch about it too.

He was nice enough to actually refund the guy. How do you call that unsympathetic?

He can complain, he has every right to be mad, and anyone that gets flaked out of a sale should be.

I agree. Especially since you have it on a list, you obviously had internet access at the time, and you can just do a 'find' for it.

As for this particular situation, the seller is doing good by offering to refund. I think he's entitled to complain about it. I would, if I just made $23 then the next minute, I didn't.

The buyer is also doing his part to help the situation by not insisting a refund or acting like a dick.

Just my 2 cents

who the fuck dose this, by the way is the lamest excuse i've heard in some time.

"Sorry to bother,

but i just realized I already had this LP.

Would you mind refunding me my money?

For your inconvenience I can give you the amount it cost to list the item."

Dude, why didn't YOU check your HYE list before you bought it.

You don't have a gazillion records on there. Plus the record came out a year ago. It's not like you bought it 6 years ago and forgot you owned it.

And to KevinB, if this is the worst thing that happens to you on eBay, consider yourself lucky.

You both need to wash the sand out of your twats.

haha awesome. that was me. (ebay user id: shitstroll)

though, its funny how you run to VC and complain (cry?) about it.

Even though I did ask for a refund, and re-listing an item is only one click a way, if you find it too hard to refund the money to me go ahead and just send it.

Not that I have anything you'd want you've just been added to my bad buyer ebay block list.

Oh man, I cant believe this. You've ruined my eBay experience forever. This really bums me out. ;)

also,

this thread brings the lolz f0sh0