Sharing Time

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adam526

Born in Detroit. Lived there for a bit. Live in LA now.

Been with my GF since early in High School.

In college majoring in Graphic Design.

Doing freelance stuff through Craigslist to make some quick $ while I'm in school.

Dr. Pepper flows through my veins.

My fav bands range from: Weezer, Audrye Sessions, Brand New, Blink, & the Matches

wait, you used "favourite" and "favorite"

um... my fav bands change every so often but usually what comes to mind are brand new and the receiving end of sirens. my fav place to vacation to visit family is colorado and just to go i'd say nyc or hawaii, but north shore seems a little too laid back for me. i do programming, blah. as for significant other, you can refer to the vc dateless losers club ;P

yeah living in england my languages have been getting really screwed up lately. i moved here in january to "get away from it all" and came to live with relatives here.

i've been saying weird shit lately too. for example:

I would normally say "it is 4:30 in the afternoon" but now i say "it's half-four".

it's fucking bizarre.

i work for the state; yay government job!

BUT i have a degree in art and do photography (mostly music related) on the side.

no, i don't have a boyfriend. please reference some big blowup wtf thread from 1.5 months ago for details.

i like mewithouYou, brand new, russian circles, ryan adams, champion, etc.

OCMD is the best beach ever. oh and i want to move to boston. best city ever.

I run a shipping and receiving department for one of the countrys largest natural gas producers.

I have no girlfriend, it'd be super nice though.

i listen to either really extreme music like slayer, cathedral, candlemass, Sunn O))), pig destroyer, Neurosis. or really soft mellow music like, explosions in the sky, russian circles, early tom waits, brian eno, godspeed you black emperor.

favorite vacation spot is Germany, and the U.P. in Michigan.

i'm weird, i'd rather go on vacation in the forest or where its cold.

i also like zombie movies and have written a series of novels about a zombie apocalypse with parallels to all three parts of Dante's Divine Comedy. but with zombies.

I'm married and am in the process of adopting my wife's daughter. My wife and I are having a baby boy in September.

Job: I manage a storage facility.

Future job: I will one day make a living by writing fiction.

*Side note: I also write about music for mammothpress.com

Favorite records:

1. Neutral Milk Hotel--In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

2. Codeseven--The Rescue

3. Modest Mouse--The Lonesome Crowded West

4. David Bowie--Ziggy Stardust

5. The Amps--S/T

*Side note Pt. II: I actually like books more than records

****Old guy alert****

I have a restaurant.

I am married with 3 children.

I prefer the mountains of North Carolina or Las Vegas for vacations, although Belize was nice.

My favorite bands are Twelve Hour Turn, Palatka, Hot Water Music, Moonraker, Calvary, basically most 90's emo/hardcore (Past) End of a Year, Blacklisted, Lucero (Current)

I was born in Toronto and lived there most of my life. I met my wife online accidentally in 1999 before ematchharmony.com existed. It is a very long story. We married in 2003.

I lived in New Orleans for 3 years. We left the June after Katrina once my wife graduated Law School. We lost everything we owned save the clothes on our backs, our dog, my car, and a few things that were salvagable.

I did not complete my university degree. I was a computer science major.

Now I work for an insurnace company.

My favorite band, currently, is Loma Prieta. Of all time would be Shotmaker.

My favorite place I've ever been is the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Positano is breathtaking. Sorrento was gorgeous. I also am in love with Puerto Rico, Ponce particularly. My wife is Puerto Rican, so I'm fortunate to be able to go there quite frequently. New Orleans is my favorite American city.

My dream is to retire in Positano. I would do very little but be one with my surroundings. I'd learn a language by living that language. I would grow lemon trees on my little cliffside home and make Limoncello for the tourists and Grappa for myself. I'd own a small boat and catch most of the food we ate. I'd never be without a glass of wine and a smile. Life would be as inviting as a southern woman's open arms.

I live in North Florida. (one of the worst places ever)

I work as a Media Buyer/Planner in an Advertising Agency

Significant other - i have been dating the same chick for like 7-8 years so an engagement is

probably in my near future

I dont go on vacations enough to have a favorite place but i would say Portland, OR was the funniest place i have gone so far. San Diego was probably #2 but the locals seemed like cocks

Currently i have been listening to a lot more pop punk bands than anything else... Steinways are my favorite, and other notable mentions would be: Dopamines, Connie Dungs, The Ergs, off with their heads and screeching weasel.

I also LOVE 90s skate punk (NOFX, Blount, Strung out, Adhesive, Satanic Surfers, Oversight...)

I have a dog that looks like this. Her name is Stella and is a Pitbull/Boxer mix i rescued from the Humane Society almost 5 years ago.

[image]

Other facts:

I hate kids more than anyone else

i also hate cats

I drink like 10 cups of coffee a day

and i am a decent bowler

that's it.

My name is Jeff.

I am 32 years old.

I've been married for 11 years.

I have two boys, a baby and a ten year old.

I have a 20 pound black and white cat named Jon.

I'm a field manager for a flooring company, yawn.

I inherited my father's massive record collection when he passed, so mixed with mine, I have thousands of records.

Favorite bands are Beatles, Zeppelin, NOFX, most Fat Wreck and old SUB POP artists.

I collect old toys from my childhood, He Man, etc.

I have a huge collection of mint Garbage Pail Kids, series 1 through 8.

I love lowbrow art, Robert Williams, Mark Ryden , Todd Schorr.

Films, Coens, Scorcese, Three Stooges.

Played guitar for twenty years. Been in many bands, put out records, toured.

Shared the bill with No Use For A Name, Millencolin, Groovie Ghoulies, Queers, Chixdiggit, Vandals, Fifteen, Less Than Jake.

Other facts:

I hate kids more than anyone else

i also hate cats

I drink like 10 cups of coffee a day

and i am a decent bowler

Are you my twin?

I despise children of all ages.

Cats are the most useless things on the planet.

I have at least 6 cups before noon.

I bowl 180 - 200. Decent by most standards.

I'll be in Jax this weekend, actually, but our schedule is pretty booked. Otherwise, I'd suggest we share some of our mutual dislikes over a pint or six.

Also -- I have 2 dachschunds. Both are rescue dogs.

I've been married for 11 years.

I have two boys, a baby and a ten year old.

I'm a field manager for a flooring company, yawn.

I inherited my father's massive record collection when he passed, so mixed with mine, I have thosands of records.

Favorite bands are Beatles, Zeppelin, NOFX, most Fat Wreck and old SUB POP artists.

I collect old toys from my childhood, He Man, etc.

I have a huge collection of mint Garbage Pail Kids, series 1 through 8.

I love lowbrow art, Robert Williams, Mark Ryden , Todd Schorr.

Films, Coens, Scorcese, Three Stooges.

Played guitar for twenty years. Been in many bands, put out records, toured.

Shared the bill with No Use For A Name, Millencolin, Groovie Ghoulies, Queers, Chixdiggit, Vandals, Fifteen.

What flooring company?

My father was a sales rep for Mohawk, but was laid off this year, now he has opened his own store for the second time.

What flooring company?

My father was a sales rep for Mohawk, but was laid off this year, now he has opened his own store for the second time.

It's cleaning, not manufacturing. Stanley Steemer.

Super lame, but I make a decent salary and was able to buy a house last year.

Sorry to hear about your dad, hope that new store works out well for him!

alrighty.

I love love love the bouncing souls and band of horses, my favourite vacation place is the north shore of oahu, i'd have to say my favorite record would be bouncing souls how i spent my summer vacation.

Great record, I put the song "Gone" on almost every comp I make for other people.

I work for Universal Music Group

I have an awesome girlfriend

I grew up in Orange County NY,went to college on long island, and now live in Brooklyn for the past few years

I love to vacation anywhere. preferable places i can either lamp out, or go snowboarding.

Hard to say what my favorite album is of all time but a few of my favorite abnds are At The Drive In, Braid, Fugazi, Gorilla Biscuits, and Quicksand