New WEEDS tonight.

I'm excited, but the show really needs to go back to how it was in seasons 1 & 2. It's been on a steady decline every since.

Agreed. The show's appeal came from the fact that she was a suburbanite soccer mom who sold weed. Now that she's a full-blown trafficker and in bed (literally) with mobsters makes it so unbelievably contrived I almost can't stand it. I hope they reel it in this season before she fucking ressurects the ghost of Pablo Escobar and somehow gets impregnated by him.

I'm excited, but the show really needs to go back to how it was in seasons 1 & 2. It's been on a steady decline every since.

Agreed. The show's appeal came from the fact that she was a suburbanite soccer mom who sold weed. Now that she's a full-blown trafficker and in bed (literally) with mobsters makes it so unbelievably contrived I almost can't stand it. I hope they reel it in this season before she fucking ressurects the ghost of Pablo Escobar and somehow gets impregnated by him.

I back this! Either way I'll still be watching tonight.

Honestly, I lost interest in her character when she banged the dude in the alleyway in season one. It just ruined the image of her character as an innocent mom trying to maintain her/her kids' lifestyle. Maybe I just had too strong of an idea as to what her character was like and ended up being wrong, but either way I was attached, and then her character progression cut the cord.

definitely this, although i don't know how they'd work it back to how it was after everything that has happened. a lot of the characters are annoying as well, and it just doesn't seem as fun as it was before. i'll still be following it, but i wouldn't be entirely too sad if the series finishes if it continues in the direction it's going.

Just finished the ep. I always like the Silas/Andy/Doug interplay. My one beef with this show is how far off the deep end the respective characters are. Shane is a slut-banging pot dealer. Celia is shacked up with a Mexican revolutionary and Nancy is going to have the baby of the Mayor of Tijuana/Scarface of weed. What the fuck? I'll still watch it, because it's still funny, and I'm sort of invested in the story line at this point, but they've really jumped the shark.

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the newest episode (the one that originally aired June 30)... did anyone else catch that obvious Breaking Bad reference in the beginning when Shane and Silas were playing that claw game? I noticed it right away and immediately went to make sure I wasn't crazy and sure enough here it is. I pretty much agree with this guy's comments about Weeds vs. BB; Weeds is really going off the deep end and I don't see how they can recover.

http://www.filmcatcher.com/filmcatcher/2009/06/weeds-takes-swipe-at-breaking-bad.html

Honestly, I lost interest in her character when she banged the dude in the alleyway in season one. It just ruined the image of her character as an innocent mom trying to maintain her/her kids' lifestyle. Maybe I just had too strong of an idea as to what her character was like and ended up being wrong, but either way I was attached, and then her character progression cut the cord.

See, I think that was how people perceived her character at first, but I always saw her as a pretty selfish person. She definitely puts herself first in a lot of situations and the rest of the family just has to roll with it. The motherly instinct kicks in fairly often, but she does what she wants and damn the consequences.

I didn't even watch season four. Two or three episodes in and my eyeballs were starting to hurt from all the constant rolling. Shit is whack. I want Agrestic back.