Big Ol' Box of Junk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. :(

I told you I sent it, got the box back because the address "didn't exist" according to the post office. And I talked to Tobin. We just decided to wait until the 1st when he moves. It's going out first thing monday. This box will have cost me 20 bucks to ship totaled from the two times I'm sending it. This box has been stressing me the fuck out.

Eh. I'm not too pissed about it. In all likelihood I probably wrote the address down wrong. It's just a little irritating. Especially since I do have to wait until I can actually afford to send it out again. Also it gives Lia (divaface) a chance to throw in a couple of things too and I found a couple other little knicknacks I can put in. I just don't want people thinking I'm being an asshole and not shipping it.

wow this is going to take forever. there really should be a limit of 48 hours from when you get it until you have to send it out.

clearly with the bounced back address there's nothing that can be done.

how about the last person on the list starts a second box. and we work our way backwards? that way IF this was to actually get all the way to the end. Everyone would get two boxes sent and it would contain shit from different directions.

wow this is going to take forever. there really should be a limit of 48 hours from when you get it until you have to send it out.

clearly with the bounced back address there's nothing that can be done.

how about the last person on the list starts a second box. and we work our way backwards? that way IF this was to actually get all the way to the end. Everyone would get two boxes sent and it would contain shit from different directions.

Two counterpoints: (1) No way to inforce the 48 hour rule; (2) the box costs like $11 to send and I, for one, don't want to spend $22 for a bunch of bric-a-brac. That said, 48 hours per recipient should be the goal, with the exception of USPS fuck-up or personal tragedy. If you think you won't be able to quickly turn around the box, kindly remove yourself from the list.

Ok look, everyone sorry.

Box is getting shipped out either tomorrow or I will ride the train out to the post office in the ghetto and ship it Saturday.

The box was pretty much on the bottom of the list of all the other shit and responsibilities in my life that I had to do that took priority over sending the box A SECOND TIME. I would never put it on the bottom of my list if it were a record someone purchased from me. This is a box of random crap that we are sending around for shits and giggles so people need to relax. I don't mind that Casey checked in to make sure I was sending the box, fair enough, I get that. So you can take me off the list for the next round if it ever does make another round. If I knew shit in my life was going down, I'd have never signed up to do this.

I didn't want to ruin the surprise but I was also waiting on a record purchase from someone in my class today. He was going to sell me a bunch of 7's for 20 bucks. Three of them were stuff I was into and the other four I was going to throw in the box. But that deal fell through and he ended up hawking them at a record store.

So yeah. Sorry. :(

Nicole, did you ever confirm that you sent the box to the same address for Tobin that I had given you? If it was an error on his part, maybe he should have to pay the extra one way of shipping. As I said before, no one should have to shell out $20 in the pursuit of getting a bunch of junk. $10 is already pushing it. Also, folks, this isn't the co-op. You're getting free shit, whether it takes two days or two months. Just be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...