Big Ol' Box of Junk

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it might work better like this. if one person mails it to someone they know will actually mail it out then that person does the same it seems to have a better chance then if everyone just says i want to do it and give their address. that seems like it would be an automatic reference. There is a good number of people I would feel confident in mailing this to that i know would mail it out. How about someone agrees to do this with me and I will send to them and you can send to me, that way there is two boxes and noone gets left out. not a lot to lose.

also i think after someone mails it they post here and announce who they mailed it to so we can track it.

also instead of writing on the box and everyone having to use a new one let's just each write the new address on paper and when you receive it, the address is gently cut off and a new one in its place. This way there is no issues with needing to change boxes/not having mailing supplies etc etc.

i think it might work better like this. if one person mails it to someone they know will actually mail it out then that person does the same it seems to have a better chance then if everyone just says i want to do it and give their address. that seems like it would be an automatic reference. There is a good number of people I would feel confident in mailing this to that i know would mail it out. How about someone agrees to do this with me and I will send to them and you can send to me, that way there is two boxes and noone gets left out. not a lot to lose.

this still seems like this would leave a lot of people out. like if someone wasn't in a particular 'circle of friends' or what have you.

i thought about that but i don't think it will be an issue. There's a lot of people I'm friends with who talk to other people that I don't. And with two boxes going around it seems less likely to happen. If I sent a box to you and you sent one to me, those are going in two different directions.

Or both to alan. haha.

yeah. i agree with that.

as far as the flat rate boxes any idea what these run? I've only used the flat rate priority envelopes for international mailing.

I think they're like $6. Could be wrong. I work right behind a post office. I could find out today. I'm totally down with this. I have so much shit lying around. And I know tons of people who can back me.

yeah. i agree with that.

as far as the flat rate boxes any idea what these run? I've only used the flat rate priority envelopes for international mailing.

I think they're like $6. Could be wrong. I work right behind a post office. I could find out today. I'm totally down with this. I have so much shit lying around. And I know tons of people who can back me.

pffft casey you're totally an internet fraud!

so does the flat rate seem like a good idea to everyone or would it be better to just use first class? If someone is willing to load a box up with heavy stuff they have to know it will cost more. Im open to either idea.

I'm also ready to start this today as Im going to the post office in a little while.