hc records from 2000, 2001, 2002 etc..

I really had to wonder about the current prices of some real solid hardcore records from Bridge 9 etc.... I recently got the Cops & Robbers 7inch for 2 Dollars on white wax, Painkiller sells the Trouble LP on red for 6 dollars in their onlineshop. Wtf? Even a Shark Attack 7inch on red vinyl goes under 20 dollars? I noticed that one of the few bands that kept their vinyl hype were American Nightmare/Give up the Ghost...

This is why I don't spend $$$ on current bands. Some people dropped CRAZY amounts of money on records back then, and they're now worth a fraction of what they paid. I think that once 5+ years go by, people judge the bands on if they were actually unique/innovative, not if they were a "hype" band.

Early 2000s hardcore was the best era of hardcore by far. A few other band's records go for quite a bit like Carry On, Hope Con, Suicide File, ect.

Clearly... because bands like 7 Seconds, Minor Threat, SS Decontrol, Chain of Strength, Articles of Faith, Poison Idea, etc etc etc were all shit compared to Carry On. ::)

Early 2000s hardcore was the best era of hardcore by far. A few other band's records go for quite a bit like Carry On, Hope Con, Suicide File, ect.

Clearly... because bands like 7 Seconds, Minor Threat, SS Decontrol, Chain of Strength, Articles of Faith, Poison Idea, etc etc etc were all shit compared to Carry On. ::)

haha. I was going to say just about the same thing only naming bands from the 90's. 80's hardcore was better than early 2000's too though.

We can all argue til we're blue in the face on what era of hardcore was the best...blah, blah, blah...

Going off what truetilldeath303 said...I guess the era that you got into hardcore will be the best b/c probably it's when it's more relevant to you.

For me...I got into in the late 80s/early 90s when I live in Louisville, KY and the hardcore scene there was insane!

you were just in this group of kids who only liked these hardcore bands and quit coming to shows after there were no more of them. this was nowhere near as good as other eras of hardcore.

i think early 2000's were great for hardcore, because as was said up there that thats when i got into hardcore, thus its more relevant, and the first handful of bands you get into will always hold a special place in your heart. for me bands like: count me out, faded grey, stay gold, AN, suicide file, carry on...etc, those bands i still listen to on a regular basis.

it all depends on when you got into it, and what style you preferr, whether its late 80's early or late 90's. there were solide bands from every era. it doesn't make sense to argue about what band/era was better because were all going to disagree. lets just appreciate that its still around and we can still relate to why were here.

you were just in this group of kids who only liked these hardcore bands and quit coming to shows after there were no more of them. this was nowhere near as good as other eras of hardcore.

Actually I stopped going to shows this year, because there are very few bands that I am interested out now. Most of the newer bands coming out now sound like nu metal bands to me.

I did get into hardcore around 2001. And yes those bands are more relevant to me, because they were mostly about things I can relate to.

I never said that any other eras of hardcore sucked. I just said the early 2000s was the best. But I will say 90s hardcore is probably my least favorite genre of music ever.

My friend, you are a fucking retard. Any of the guys stated in the bands above probably also think you're a fucking retard for having that opinion. 2000 hardcore was THE BEST?? You didn't even mention some of the better bands of that era, like DS-13, Tragedy, Talk is Poison, and my favorite American Nightmare. I mean there have been some good bands playing hardcore in the 2000's but to say it's "the best era of hardcore." Like I can't even wrap my head around how stupid, uneducated, and moronic that sounds.

I will say that the early 2000's is probably the last time I've seen bands bring anything really original to the table, as most of the stuff now is just a rehash of the past, but whatever. If it rips, it rips. 90's hardcore was great as well. I also probably like 90's hardcore the least, but dude 80's hardcore WILL ALWAYS RULE ANYTHING ELSE. Negative Approach, The Fix, Jerrys Kids, SSD, YOT, Minor Threat. Fuck dude, get educated. So pick up anything on Xclaim, the first 15 or so Dischord releases, the first 15 or so Touch and Go releases, the first couple of DRI records.......

Bridge 9 and Deathwish, yeah, great lables and they have there place in hardcore but Dischord did it first and they did it best.

And if I offended anyone......sorry, but some things just have to be said.

Actually I stopped going to shows this year, because there are very few bands that I am interested out now. Most of the newer bands coming out now sound like nu metal bands to me.

I did get into hardcore around 2001. And yes those bands are more relevant to me, because they were mostly about things I can relate to.

I never said that any other eras of hardcore sucked. I just said the early 2000s was the best. But I will say 90s hardcore is probably my least favorite genre of music ever.

one band.... unbroken....