new set your goals song - gaia bleeds

did you ever listen to chuck or does this look infected?

Yea I guess it sounds a little like that to me. Sounds a lot more like Throwdown and The Warriors to me tho. That kinda "bouncey" heavy guitar riff. I thought this was the song with Chad on it but the Myspace says "ft. John Gula"

Kinda suprised they released this song now. I thought they would put out the song with Haley from Paramore before this one. That song will most likely get a lot of younger fans into the band.

did you ever listen to chuck or does this look infected?

Yea I guess it sounds a little like that to me. Sounds a lot more like Throwdown and The Warriors to me tho. That kinda "bouncey" heavy guitar riff. I thought this was the song with Chad on it but the Myspace says "ft. John Gula"

Kinda suprised they released this song now. I thought they would put out the song with Haley from Paramore before this one. That song will most likely get a lot of younger fans into the band.

Dude, the Hayley song is SO GOOD.

Dude, the Hayley song is SO GOOD.

I think it might be my favorite SYG song they've ever done. The part where she comes in on that song is SOO cheesy but so aweome at the same time.

sum41? you guys are nuts. Sum41 never sounded like this. ever. they never could.

Jon Gula is the singer from Turmoil. TUMROIL sings on a Set Your Goals record. TURMOIL. again, how does this sound like Sum41?! This song keeps their hardcore roots credible, which are what most of the band members are really heavily apart of. their guitarist was the merch dude for Madball this spring.

also, the paramore song im sure will come out soon enough, so far I really dig both new songs

sum41? you guys are nuts. Sum41 never sounded like this. ever. they never could.

Jon Gula is the singer from Turmoil. TUMROIL sings on a Set Your Goals record. TURMOIL. again, how does this sound like Sum41?! This song keeps their hardcore roots credible, which are what most of the band members are really heavily apart of. their guitarist was the merch dude for Madball this spring.

also, the paramore song im sure will come out soon enough, so far I really dig both new songs

I don't consider Madball very credible.

listen to Gaia Bleeds then go listen to No Reason off of Sum 41's "Chuck". And I dont know why but I find the 'keeps their hardcore roots credible' comment to be quite amusing.

I don't consider Madball very credible.

I don't see how you couldn't, seeing as how they're a staple of NYHC... but to each their own

listen to Gaia Bleeds then go listen to No Reason off of Sum 41's "Chuck". And I dont know why but I find the 'keeps their hardcore roots credible' comment to be quite amusing.

they're a band who started off in the hardcore scene touring with hardcore bands. a vast majority of their early fanbase was, and still is, hardcore kids. they were, have been and probably always will be involved within the hardcore community. maybe the waty i said it wasn't the best way, but oh well.

as for hazen st... love it. everyone loved it for a month, then didnt. so weird.

I for the record have been against Haven St since I first heard that record. Fuck it was awful. That being said SYG have always been down w/ hardcore. Seeing them and Turmoil ruled.

Trav - It's all good. There are differences, namely the breakdown, but it still rings for me. I also love those two Sum records.

I for the record have been against Haven St since I first heard that record. Fuck it was awful. That being said SYG have always been down w/ hardcore. Seeing them and Turmoil ruled.

Trav - It's all good. There are differences, namely the breakdown, but it still rings for me. I also love those two Sum records.

you know what i mean though, right? seriously, everyone jocked the SHIT out of Hazen St. for the two months they were a band. now, everyones ashamed, haha. not this guy!

Yea dude I actually do like Sum 41 too, I just dont hear the similarities. I mean I know both bands play pop punk w/ a heavy side to it. Guess our ears hear different things.