Victory Records - The Band

Hilarious. From Punknews:

Andrew Elderbaum, former bassist and lyricist from Bayside, has unveiled his new project - Victory Records - Andrew posted a note explaining:

The answers to these questions are yes, sometimes, and nope, he found one he's even worse at. The last few years I've realized that bands take themselves way to seriously, and that I was incredibly guilty of that as well. I grew up listening to bands like The Vandals, NOFX, Lagwagon etc. They weren't jokes but they were fun. So taking a cue from the badly missed Kevin Wade I've decided somebody needs to point out how ridiculous things have gotten.

I have a new project called Victory Records, and when Tony gets around to suing me after he finishes duping some other 18 year old kid into signing away his songs for 5 albums, we'll change the name to Victory Rex, because satire is protected by the constitution and Brummel is not. This time around I'm playing guitar and doing some singing, along with our old drummer Jason playing bass, and our friends Mike and Dave on guitar, drums, and vocals. We just finished up a ten song "ice breaker" that we have no intention of giving to any label.

You can check out the band here: http://www.myspace.com/victoryrecordsny.

July 26th 2009 is a day that will live in infamy. Victory Records will be unveiling the hurricane of pop punk goodness we have become for the first time on an unsuspecting, and soon to be let down audience. The Broadway Bar (Formerly the village pub south) will be the place, and we ask that everyone who comes drink heavily. If enough people ask I think we can get Jason to wear that rayon yellow shirt from our bio, and maybe even the green cord shorts. Also we ask that everybody call 1-888-447-3267, say that your a member of your favorite Victory ( the label) band and ask to speak to Tony Brummel, if you get him invite him to the show,if not ask for Marion in accounting and ask were your motherfucking royalty check is. Trust me, they love this type of humor over there at the house that Earth Crisis built. Message us with requests, questions, and/or musings on the effect that Good Charlotte's "I Just Wanna Live" had on you in a time of crisis.