FEST 8 attendees: Sick airfare sale on Southwest!

Southwest are doing a 48-hour sale where one-way tickets are one of three prices:

$30 (<400 miles)

$60 (401-750 miles)

$90 (750+ miles)

The fares are for off-peak (meaning non-Friday to Sunday) flying, which works out great for the Fest -- fly in Thursday, fly out Monday, save a bunch of dough! I recommend flying into Tampa, although Southwest also flies to Orlando (both cities are about two hours away). Basically, even people from California can fly for $180 round-trip, which is a goddamn steal.

http://www.southwest.com/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I just realized I don't/won't have the money to pull this off within the next 48 hours.

So......anyone wanna carpool? I can't drive but I can chip in on gas/buy you a few meals.

My other option is my birthday is in two weeks and my birthday present from my family could be some money to contribute towards Fest transportation/lodging. I don't expect them or want them to pay for all of it. Even 100 bucks would help me out significantly.

how much would it normally cost from CA?

i'm considering this, but i'm still undecided, as the whole 'no roommate / i'd be going by myself' thing would need to be sorted out

Anywhere from $400 to $200 depending on what airline and what airport. It's about $200 from SFO to JAX and about $400 for SJC to GNV (that's the Gainesville airport). So, it depends.

Nicole, I might be able to scoop you up from the airport if you fly into Tampa.

If you could do this that would make my life SO much easier. Flying to Tampa is way cheaper than flying out to Gainesville. I'd definitely buy you dinner/chip for gasolina.

Southwest is still pretty affordable for me even without this monster of a deal going on today/tomorrow.

Not really that good of a deal for me. Only select Cities can take advantage, so I'd need to fly into Tampa and even then certain flights aren't on sale. Kind of a buster move Southwest.

Yeah im pissed because i wanna go back to portland and there are no flights from JAX to Portland. i would either have to drive to tampa and fly from there or pay 30.00 and fly from Jax to tampa then out to portland.

Its still doable but thats really annoying.