Hey Mods RE: Trolls

Can we have some vetting process for new members? The boards have been really negative and bitchy the last few days and it's starting me kill the magic that made coming here so much fun. I liked that this was the one board where it wasn't just people jumping down each others fucking throats all the time, or Trolls starting bullshit threads like "Against Me! Sucks." It's one thing to state opinions but most of these new kids aren't even doing that. They're just showing up and leaving their shoes all over the floor.

In short, can we have a some banning of people who join the board and just start trouble? I mean it's one thing when folks who have been here get into it. Shit happens sometimes. But if someone's first thirteen posts are just slagging on bands, trying to start fights or just being a general dick bag, can we acknowledge they're just stupid trolls and get rid of them? It would really make the board fun again.

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree!! I have def been a target these last couple of days and tired of being attacked. Every time I post something, someone has to say something about how the music I listen to sucks or how 311 is terrible.

Come on now...311 isn't THAT bad.

People just don't like the idea of you buying a coveted collector's item to finance your iPhone. You can't really blame them.

I agree!! I have def been a target these last couple of days and tired of being attacked. Every time I post something, someone has to say something about how the music I listen to sucks or how 311 is terrible.

Come on now...311 isn't THAT bad.

People just don't like the idea of you buying a coveted collector's item to finance your iPhone. You can't really blame them.

I'm not talking about that thread.

Re-reading that, I didn't mean to come off as an ass-hole myself. I think what you did was kind of lame, but it was uncool how they targeted you and gave you shit for your music tastes, which are actually pretty similar to mine!

All the copies of A Fever don't really help though. ;)

I think Lokithelion has a very valid point. Yes, you can talk all you want about people taking this too seriously, but I do find it's more annoying now than anything. I find I pop in, look for info on releases or interesting trades and get out because I don't want to wade through all the bullshit. I could care less what a few twats come on here and say, their opinions are their opinions, but when it's clogging up the board and making it harder to find useful information or even a good laugh, it gets rather annoying. At this rate, this place will be VLV The Sequel in a few months.