Avid Reader? VC Community Book Reading?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big words scare me.

Then you, sir, are a hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobe.

You should have just thrown assuage out there again and pretended it is short for ass-sausage.

Nobody would have known the difference anyway.

Also -- if that was my old lady remarking a few posts ago, she would have just called us all a bunch of geeks for hanging out on a vinyl message board and swapping books.

Got mines today. I'm in the middle of a book at the moment, but will start The Dice Man next week. We're tentatively betting on 30 days per book, right?

yea, shooting for something in that range. i am sure the people you're sending to/are sending to you are reasonable and could make slight adjustments as needed....but a month is the goal

i sent my book out Friday afternoon (to MCM) - hopefully it arrives in a day or two in good condition!

I got yours this morning as I was walking to the post office to send out my book. I have reader ADD right now - I'm in the middle of 3 books and now this one. Two I can easily shove off for a while, then I'm almost done with the other, then this one is on deck.

When we finish do we just mail it whenever, or do we wait for some coordinated switch?

Thought this was better put here than an unique thread...

NPR Audience Picks: 100 Best Books Ever

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106983620&sc=nl&cc=bn-20090730

I'm kind of disappointed in the list. There's a lot of Oprah crap on it and a lot of otherwise mediocre literature.

Judging by a lot of the "chick-lit" titles present, it's easy to tell that the majority of votes came from women. Ya Ya Sisterhood as #6 EVER? Please.

I expected more from NPR listeners. I thought we were better than that.