PHOENIX "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

PHOENIX "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix" LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/892038002183

Gotta say that this was one of 2009's biggest surprises, at least for me. I read a review in spin comparing this record to early Strokes and being a fan of that first Strokes' record, I had to take a listen. While the album didn't really sound like the Strokes to me, I fell in love with this new record. Phoenix takes the best elements of the dancier side of indie rock and well, rocks it. It is almost too hipstery for me, but I absolutely love every moment of this album. I can't remember the track, but my favorite track is a mostly instrumental track that falls somewhere in between Ratatat and Battles. This record is just so damn catchy and infectious.

Will have copies in early next week.

One very rad thing about this release is that the mp3 download coupon that accompanies the vinyl allows you to download a rip from the test pressings of this album. And another interesting fact is that this record was pressed at United.

best record of 2009 thus far. i've had this record on vinyl since it came out. it's a very heavy 180 gram record. sounds great, and comes with a cool plastic download card, in which, as he said, the mp3's are sourced from the vinyl. believe it or not the mp3's this lets you download really do indeed sound better than the cd.

mine is pretty damn heavy. sounds great. sucks there's no insert, guess the money went to that download card. not sure why it's usually $18+. I got it for like $14 but the store sold out. if you look around, you might find a good deal. there's also a european press. glassnote did the US press. but for $20, this record is still one of the best records of the year. all their other records are pretty hard to come by. the only place i know of to get "it's never been like that" is normanrecords.com (hint, hint)

mine is pretty damn heavy. sounds great. sucks there's no insert, guess the money went to that download card. not sure why it's usually $18+. I got it for like $14 but the store sold out. if you look around, you might find a good deal. there's also a european press. glassnote did the US press. but for $20, this record is still one of the best records of the year. all their other records are pretty hard to come by. the only place i know of to get "it's never been like that" is normanrecords.com (hint, hint)

i frequent norman records....good selection!

• 13 years later...

As someone who also bumped a ten+ year old thread a couple years back, I salute you. It's important to remember where we've come from haha! 

Glow in the dark is a cool gimmick, but I'm pretty set with my original copy + the VMP version that came out a little while back. Still jam this from time to time.