Cleveland record stores

There's none that I know of downtown, but if you want to make a 10-15 minute drive either way:

WEST SIDE: My Mind's Eye

http://www.mymindseyerecords.com/

EAST SIDE: Music Saves

http://www.musicsaves.com/

Both stores have pretty solid vinyl selections, although Music Saves is more on the indie rock tip (and a bit more expensive, too). if you had to pick one, I'd say My Mind's Eye, definitely.

Scott, is Ultrasound still around in Mentor? That was a great shop for years, haven't been up that way in ages though.

actually ultrasound is still around. they moved a few years back to willoughby off of vine st. or something. good record and cd selection. they do not sell 7" however.

I don't really feel like Ultrasound is worth the drive out there anymore, to be honest. Last time I was there, I had a really bad experience with the girl working. Kirby and I got the last laugh, though.

actually ultrasound is still around. they moved a few years back to willoughby off of vine st. or something. good record and cd selection. they do not sell 7" however.

I don't really feel like Ultrasound is worth the drive out there anymore, to be honest. Last time I was there, I had a really bad experience with the girl working. Kirby and I got the last laugh, though.

GOAT WHOOOOOOOOORE!

GOAT WHOOOOOOOOORE!

is there a story worth hearing here?

i would like to hear.

ultrasound is still cool....you can find something there im sure. they have juliana theory-emotion is dead....i have tried to sell it to so many people on the board and they are buying it for 20 plus postage thru CI....its like 12 or 14 bucks there.

-you can spend hours in my minds eye looking thru all there vinyl...hit or miss with them for me sometimes.

OK so this might be a little alte but I cannot beleive no one mentioned Bent Crayon????!!!

www.bentcrayon.com

They have a ton of techno DJ LPs you have to crawl over but they have a great section of rock n roll LPs with a ton of limited edition pressings. I spent about 100 bucks last time I was down, after putting away a large stack. Recommended!

Scott, is Ultrasound still around in Mentor? That was a great shop for years, haven't been up that way in ages though.

Sweet, I am heading up to my parent's house to fix a computer and pick up a turntable, so I may have to find their address on Vine and check out their stuff...

I want to hear the story Scott/Mr. Puckett!

OK so this might be a little alte but I cannot beleive no one mentioned Bent Crayon????!!!

www.bentcrayon.com

They have a ton of techno DJ LPs you have to crawl over but they have a great section of rock n roll LPs with a ton of limited edition pressings. I spent about 100 bucks last time I was down, after putting away a large stack. Recommended!

looking through records there is a nightmare

www.bentcrayon.com

looking through records there is a nightmare

must be why I always find a ton of great LPs when I go there!! I guess most people don't like a little work. You just have to take a handful out so you can browse, then stick them back in the front.

www.bentcrayon.com

damn i cant believe i forgot about that one. my buddy lives right next door or above it or something.

The one thing I do when I get sent away for work is search out Record Stores. Ultrasound was listed in Revolver as one of the Top 10 Metal record stores in the US. I checked it out and came away with a cool pair of sneakers. For the life of me, I could not find one thing I wanted to get. I was looking for Municipal Waste and nothing. Nice selction of stuff though. I kept saying to myself, I have that and that, etc.

My Minds Eye was by far my favorite out of any stores I checked out. Just the part of town I drove through to get there. Eeesh.

Square Records in Akron I found to be a bit Indie and not much punk, hardcore or metal. Came away with the Menomena - Friend or Foe CD. I was hoping the LP of that would have had as good of packaging as the CD but no dice. Still, love owning that on 180 Gram. Bizarre band.

Also checked out 2 shops in Columbus within/on the of Ohio State campus. Again, pretty decent but found nothing.

Square Records in Akron I found to be a bit Indie and not much punk, hardcore or metal. Came away with the Menomena - Friend or Foe CD. I was hoping the LP of that would have had as good of packaging as the CD but no dice. Still, love owning that on 180 Gram. Bizarre band.

that triple gatefold LP packaging is as good as the CD if not better. They pressed 1000 of them, its sounds excellent, did you buy a bootleg copy of the LP or something?

Theres a pic of it in the gatefold gallery thread.

I found an actual copy of it at Rainbow Records & Books in Newark, DE. Not a bad spot. Doesn't appear to be a boot.

Just all the different things you could do with the Friend or Foe CD I was hoping for with the Triple gatefold. Just how anyway you would place the CD and spin it through the cut outs on either panel it would match up. That Craig Thompson is really good with his cartooning.

The LP is still awesome though. Don't get me wrong. The only other Triple gatefold I have is my one Mudhoney album.