ISO: Record store like display rack

my dad collects golf clubs and when a store that had displays set up went out of business (or got a new display) he would ask them for their old set-up.

sometimes he'd pay, sometimes they'd let him take them for free. with all the brick and mortar stores that have gone (and will go) out of business, i'm sure you could do the same.

you talkin' to me, jeremy?

edit: i just read the thread and i'm pretty sure you can't be talking to anybody but me since i'm the only person that mentioned my dad. to answer your question, no, i don't have any pics of it, but i'm going to visit them in their new house starting next week. i'll be gone 10 days, and hopefully tomorrow i'm buying a new digital camera so i can take some pictures of his setup.

he collects Wilson Staffs and MacGregor Tourneys... every set ever produced in either line. so for example: Wilson used the same design from let's say 1947-1949, he'll only have one set. but if they changed the style in 1950, he has the new version. and if they changed it again in 1951, he has that one too. every time a change was made to the design, he has a set.

it's a pretty extensive collection. the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, there...

• 9 months later...

This is what I use to hold my records that are "in rotation".

[image]

[image]

It came from a shitty local record store. I guess my girlfriend went in hoping to find some records for me and saw it just sitting there with three or four records on it. She asked the guy if he'd sell it to her and he said yes. The only thing I did to it was repaint it.

This all sounds tight, but I want an expedit. I keep mine collection on an old computer desk that they fit perfectly on. Works out great but the larger my collection gets the harder it is to keep everything in order. I prefer to look at spines. That is just me though.

Expedits are on sale at Ikea right now. I bought a 4x4 this weekend for 99$

I guess my girlfriend went in hoping to find some records for me .

Does your girlfriend keep track of what you own and don't?

My girl almost don't even know what I listen to, and if she ever saw a record by a band she knows I like, she wouldn't know if I owned the record or not.

Oh god no. Most of the music I buy on vinyl, I'm not even allowed to listen to when she's around, haha. I think she would have been more likely to buy me something kind of jokey, like a Def Leppard album or something.

Does your girlfriend keep track of what you own and don't?

My girl almost don't even know what I listen to, and if she ever saw a record by a band she knows I like, she wouldn't know if I owned the record or not.

Oh god no. Most of the music I buy on vinyl, I'm not even allowed to listen to when she's around, haha. I think she would have been more likely to buy me something kind of jokey, like a Def Leppard album or something.

Haha, sounds more like my girl then... Wonder what it'd be like to have a girlfriend who also collected records. Would be pretty weird.

Haha, sounds more like my girl then... Wonder what it'd be like to have a girlfriend who also collected records. Would be pretty weird.

My girlfriend collects records, not weird at all, not sure why it would be.