the best show on History Channel

kurtz

haha, there was nothing worse when she pulled out that drawer in the fridge of random, expired meat with all the juices and mush in the bottom and then wanted to keep some of the shit that was sitting in there.

Fucking insanity. Man, im afraid to drink milk on the expiration date, much less weeks after.

95% of what is on TV is scripted or a re-enactment of actual events. pretty much the only thing not scripted are sporting events. anyone who actually watches TV to get a dose of reality needs to step out their front door. TV is suppose to be entertainment, not a means to live one's life through.

Unrelated, as it's a game show, but I sat in the audience of the Price Is Right last week, and I don't think all my preconceived notions of that show could've been any more wrong. At one point, this chick wins and gets up on stage, then they tell her to go back down, and pretend she hadn't won yet so they could film it again. I don't think I'd be able to do that shit. The stage is also crazy tiny - and there's like 20 people on it at all times.

I was in the audience for a taping of the Price is Right back when Bob Barker was doing it. They didn't retape anything like that and I didn't get the idea that any of it was scripted in that way.

Guest kissthesharks
haha, there was nothing worse when she pulled out that drawer in the fridge of random, expired meat with all the juices and mush in the bottom and then wanted to keep some of the shit that was sitting in there.

Fucking insanity. Man, im afraid to drink milk on the expiration date, much less weeks after.

She got sooo pissed when it was time to throw away the freezer in the basement. My jaw was dropped the whole episode. The kid freaking out when that guy was smashing the playhouse was sad too.

Unrelated, as it's a game show, but I sat in the audience of the Price Is Right last week, and I don't think all my preconceived notions of that show could've been any more wrong. At one point, this chick wins and gets up on stage, then they tell her to go back down, and pretend she hadn't won yet so they could film it again. I don't think I'd be able to do that shit. The stage is also crazy tiny - and there's like 20 people on it at all times.

I was in the audience for a taping of the Price is Right back when Bob Barker was doing it. They didn't retape anything like that and I didn't get the idea that any of it was scripted in that way.

I don't think it was scripted, per se, but rather they just didn't get "that shot".

Drew was hilarious between segments. He and Rich Fields were constantly talking to the crowd, making jokes, etc.

My only real bummer about the show was that the contestant selection isn't really random. There's a short "interview" before taping, where they talk to you for maybe 15 seconds, and with that, they pick contestants. (They don't tell you ahead of time who is picked, though)

Episode I sat in on aires on November 10th

My wife and I were on a TV show on TLC and it wasn't scripted, but it wasn't real either. A bunch of stuff like "Could you stand here" and "Can you walk back through the door because we didn't get it" or "Can you say that again". So fucking lame.

Was it that show where you swap houses with a neighbor and renovate a room? My cousins were on an episode of that.

gangland was awesome, and kind of still is, but it drives me nuts when they have huge day long marathons because it happens way too frequently. the downside of it is, that while it's intense and all that, it always kinda screws with my perspective on gangs and what i know about the types of people that are in gangs.

i liked monster quest at first but then they started doing stuff about giant hogs and not like...the jersey devil and it kinda bummed me out. i like the really elaborate history channel programs where they put crazy ideas in your head about shit like that.

when josh bernstein did digging for the truth it was awesome. i was into the cities of the underworld show too but then that guy got super obnoxious.

it's gone down hill in the past 2 years. i don't understand why the logging and ice road trucker shows are on the history channel, either. wasting valuable time they could be spending on ufos haha.

I don't think it was scripted, per se, but rather they just didn't get "that shot".

Drew was hilarious between segments. He and Rich Fields were constantly talking to the crowd, making jokes, etc.

My only real bummer about the show was that the contestant selection isn't really random. There's a short "interview" before taping, where they talk to you for maybe 15 seconds, and with that, they pick contestants. (They don't tell you ahead of time who is picked, though)

Episode I sat in on aires on November 10th

I think the interview is in place just to make sure they don't pick some total spazz or stutter or make sure they're dressed appropriately or something. I know if they would have picked me at random they would have been bummed, I was dressed like a total asshole.

The whole thing was pretty boring, though. The show was OK, but we had to get there at like 3 in the morning and the taping didn't start until 1PM. Huge waste of time, but it was my friend's birthday and she wanted to go.