Final Have Heart Show on National Edge Day!

[image]

how fitting!

i'm planning on road tripping it up to mass for this. thank god its on a saturday. there's also a show they're playing friday with trapped under ice and some other bands that's smaller i might try to make it to.

pretty sure you can buy tickets to this in the b9 store.

who else is going to this?

There's a little bit of a backup on the decision of which venue we want to do this and i wanted some people to be able to get the whole ticket thing out of the way so you can take care of that at B9STORE.COM/TICKETS

We'll have the exact location updated within a few days or so. Call it unprofessional, I call it hardcore.

I'd like to make it know well-known that this is also a BENEFIT show for the New Bedford Women's Shelter. Seeing as how October is also Domestic Violence Awareness month and a good chance at getting a good amount of people to come out, it just made sense.

I'd also like to mention that this is NOT an "edge fest" of straight edge bands, but just a show on Edge Day of edge and non-edge bands.

We have made a lot of friends with many bands over the years and we'd like to play one last time with as many of them as we can so, we're also going to be playing a MUCH MUCH smaller show the day before with some equally sweet bands.

Hope to see you there. Listen to Free Spirit and Eye for an Eye. Take care.

-Patrick Flynn

Gaslight Anthem, Murder By Death and Broadway Calls play in Boston the same day.

and I doubt many fans of either show are torn on which to go too

I don't know. There are a lot of people who are fans of different types of music. I don't think it's too difficult to imagine someone liking Murder By Death and Have Heart.

and I doubt many fans of either show are torn on which to go too

I don't know. There are a lot of people who are fans of different types of music. I don't think it's too difficult to imagine someone liking Murder By Death and Have Heart.

i like both of them but there's really no question of which show i would attend.

Obviously, people who love Have Heart are going to go to that show (it being their last show and all). Plus, I would guess the edge-ness of it will come into play.

true.

i predict this show will be a. ridiculously packed b. ridiculously hot c. ridiculously awesome.

mbd are good live, but not even close to have heart and these other bands.

to each their own, though!

some people don't like the whole 'hot sweaty people walking on my heads might-get-crushed-to-death or kicked-in-the-face-to-death thing'.

Obviously, people who love Have Heart are going to go to that show (it being their last show and all). Plus, I would guess the edge-ness of it will come into play.

true.

i predict this show will be a. ridiculously packed b. ridiculously hot c. ridiculously awesome.

mbd are good live, but not even close to have heart and these other bands.

to each their own, though!

some people don't like the whole 'hot sweaty people walking on my heads might-get-crushed-to-death or kicked-in-the-face-to-death thing'.

That too.

What is "National Edge Day" exactly? And why 10/17? Is it culturally significant? What do you do to celebrate? Do people just hang out, stay sober, and listen to hardcore all day?

Forgive my ignorance. I know nothing of edgers save the negative shit I've seen on television.

This show would be pretty fucking intense to say the least, though.

i like both of them but there's really no question of which show i would attend.

I'm going to the Gaslight show. But that's only because I'm not a huge Have Heart fan and have seen them a few times. I will also being seeing them in mid-September at the Great American Hardcore Fest. Close to 50 bands. http://massliveevents.com/

I'm going to the Gaslight show. But that's only because I'm not a huge Have Heart fan and have seen them a few times. I will also being seeing them in mid-September at the Great American Hardcore Fest. Close to 50 bands. http://massliveevents.com/

so many good fests/shows to attend.

i just need to move up there.

also, how the heck did four year strong get on that bill? hate that band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Edge_Day

because edge kids love a reason to party!

More or less seems like a day where notable straight edge hardcore bands play their final shows, their reunion shows, their first shows, and just play shows in general.

Seems nice enough.

you got it! :]