Hot topic

I went hot topic today to buy some records, and I bought nfgs not with out a fight and fall out boys take this to your grave ( second press but I don't care that record owns). I thought buying records there might of been werid like maybe they wouldn't understand but the guy who works was at the one in the Waterbury mall( which is a dump) is a huge vinyl nerd like me and turned me on to shockhound.com. And we talked about other punk records. I guess this isn't really a big deal but I was just very surprised! Are all hot topics like this?

I generally don't care where I buy vinyl, as long as the price is good and it's in good condition. I don't pay much attention to the workers in Hot Topic or anywhere really, but I think the one kid the last time I was in HT said "vinyl" repeatedly.. "do you buy vinyl online? shockhound.com is like a one stop shop for all vinyl hot topic carries, here's a card with a link to it" Oh well.

only some hot topic workers know what they're talking about. the last one i went to, i asked if they sold any vinyl and the worker gave me a long speech about how this hot topic is mainly a clothing store because it's so small and in her words, "we only carry a few of those tiny vinyl, the 55's". i think she meant 45's..

I work in a large size mall, and when i am walking past the Hot Topic to get some lunch the Manager usually tells me what they got in that week, which is pretty cool of him. He knows I buy nothing but vinyl from his store. He really let me down though when I showed him the sale list from Travis and he had not a single record!!!!!!!!

Guest noeffinidea

I was browsing the vinyl at a HT in the local mall this past week and was approached by an ignorant father and son white-trash duo (dad was middle aged and the kid was probably about 14 or 15). Here is the extent of this encounter...

Dad (to me): "These aren't actually records huh? These are just CDs packaged to look like records right?"

Me (with a very confused expression on my face as I ponder just how ridiculous and impractical it would be to package a CD in a full-size LP sleeve): "Uhhmmm nah, these are vinyl."

Dad: "But they don't actually play, do they? Like, they're just for show?"

Me (holding in all urges to break out in laughter): "No, they play on a turntable just like they did 30 years ago."

At this point I just go back to browsing to express my disinterest in continuing the conversation as this guy's kid tries to tell me about how "totally awesome" Brokencyde and Atreyu are and that I should buy their records. Not keen on listening to suggestions from a misinformed 14-year-old, I cut my vinyl browsing short and left the store--having a nice laugh to myself as I walked to my car.

I was browsing the vinyl at a HT in the local mall this past week and was approached by an ignorant father and son white-trash duo (dad was middle aged and the kid was probably about 14 or 15). Here is the extent of this encounter...

Dad (to me): "These aren't actually records huh? These are just CDs packaged to look like records right?"

Me (with a very confused expression on my face as I ponder just how ridiculous and impractical it would be to package a CD in a full-size LP sleeve): "Uhhmmm nah, these are vinyl."

Dad: "But they don't actually play, do they? Like, they're just for show?"

Me (holding in all urges to break out in laughter): "No, they play on a turntable just like they did 30 years ago."

At this point I just go back to browsing to express my disinterest in continuing the conversation as this guy's kid tries to tell me about how "totally awesome" Brokencyde and Atreyu are and that I should buy their records. Not keen on listening to suggestions from a misinformed 14-year-old, I cut my vinyl browsing short and left the store--having a nice laugh to myself as I walked to my car.

damn you're awesome.

The dude at my local HT was pushing shockhound on me tough the last time I was there as well, so fucking annoying. I never even checked it out considering the music he was trying to get me to buy and the way he talked, figured anything he was into wasn't worth the skin on my fingers to type in a URL...