How are Misfits live?

No one here is probably old enough to have seen the Misfits live. The Misfits broke up a long time ago. Jerry Only plus a few other dudes (I don't care if they were in the Ramones or Black Flag) are not the Misfits.

You can make this argument about half of the old bands touring today. No, it's not the actual Misfits and hasn't been since the band originally broke up. But a band that calls itself Misfits is touring and playing shows with that name and features a member of the original Misfits and plays Misfits songs. For the majority of people, that's the only way they'll see Misfits songs played live. Same can be said for Dead Kennedys. Same can be said for Screeching Weasel (since Jughead isn't there). If you don't want to see them, don't see them. If you want to see members of an old band play songs by their old band, go ahead and have fun.

Danzig was the Misfits. I'd suggest that Jello is the Dead Kennedys and that Ben Weasel is Screeching Weasel. No one really cares if Jughead is in Screeching Weasel.

Clearly Jerry Only has no idea what made the band cool to begin with since their new material is so fucking terrible and divorced from what the band had done. If he wants to go around touring playing Misfits songs, I have no problem with that. Just call it something different.

Danzing? never heard of him.

Graves i don't think ever sounded like DanZIG but he still had a good horrorpunk voice nonetheless

Wow. You're fucking with me because of a typo. Big ups to you.

Those first couple of years Graves had the Danzig sound down. He even aped some of the stage banter from live Danzig records.

EDIT: How many times did you see Misfits live with Graves on vocals?

i just figured you were one of those millions of people that go to hot topic, buy misfits merch and actually know jack shit about the misfits.

it could have happened to anyone

You can make this argument about half of the old bands touring today. No, it's not the actual Misfits and hasn't been since the band originally broke up. But a band that calls itself Misfits is touring and playing shows with that name and features a member of the original Misfits and plays Misfits songs. For the majority of people, that's the only way they'll see Misfits songs played live. Same can be said for Dead Kennedys. Same can be said for Screeching Weasel (since Jughead isn't there). If you don't want to see them, don't see them. If you want to see members of an old band play songs by their old band, go ahead and have fun.

Danzig was the Misfits. I'd suggest that Jello is the Dead Kennedys and that Ben Weasel is Screeching Weasel. No one really cares if Jughead is in Screeching Weasel.

Clearly Jerry Only has no idea what made the band cool to begin with since their new material is so fucking terrible and divorced from what the band had done. If he wants to go around touring playing Misfits songs, I have no problem with that. Just call it something different.

Yes, anyone can make those arguments. Of course it's not 100% authentic, but for a lot of kids, these are the only iterations of those iconic bands that they'll ever get to see. Should they pass because it's not all the original members? If anything, they should go for the experience.

When I first saw the Misfits live, I was stoked beyond belief because I saw this amazing band playing songs I had heard since I was a kid. Yeah, Danzig wasn't up on stage, but that didn't stop me from having a blast, singing along and enjoying my night. I was too young to see a Danzig-led Misfits, so that was the closest I was ever going to get. And getting to hear those classic songs live performed by a band that sounded a good 75 percent or more like the original Misfits was worth my $15.

I understand you're a purist, but sometimes you gotta drop the seriousness and have a little fun. Don't you think?

Yes, anyone can make those arguments. Of course it's not 100% authentic, but for a lot of kids, these are the only iterations of those iconic bands that they'll ever get to see. Should they pass because it's not all the original members? If anything, they should go for the experience.

When I first saw the Misfits live, I was stoked beyond belief because I saw this amazing band playing songs I had heard since I was a kid. Yeah, Danzig wasn't up on stage, but that didn't stop me from having a blast, singing along and enjoying my night. I was too young to see a Danzig-led Misfits, so that was the closest I was ever going to get. And getting to hear those classic songs live performed by a band that sounded a good 75 percent or more like the original Misfits was worth my $15.

I understand you're a purist, but sometimes you gotta drop the seriousness and have a little fun. Don't you think?

I saw the Misfits on the original reunion in 96. I was hoping for the best as at that time they had been on of my favorite bands for about a decade. Doyle still couldn't play guitar. Michael Graves was terrible. I was quite disappointed.

I saw the Misfits on the original reunion in 96. I was hoping for the best as at that time they had been on of my favorite bands for about a decade. Doyle still couldn't play guitar. Michael Graves was terrible. I was quite disappointed.

That was the first time I saw them too and I thought they were great.