How are Misfits live?

There's this radio show here in Tucson this weekend, with an incredibly random line-up consisting of...

Misfits

Flyleaf

The Used

Rise Against

I don't particularly care for The Used, and Flyleaf just plain suck. I'd like to see Rise Against again, but have a hard time justifying the money just for them.

Are Misfits any good live these days?

Edit - The show is $30, no fees

people really rag on the misfits these days, but honestly (even thought jerry lonely is all about the $$$) they give a good live show. Jerry has a decent horrorpunk voice, dez and robo from black flag hold there own, and you get to hear a few black flag songs too. Really energetic and quite fun.

$30 is worth it for Rise Against and The Misfits, i would say go.

oh and i forgot to mention, they can get through a good 30 set in a night. which is more then any band these days can do. let talk more rock.

The last time I saw the Misfits was in 2000 and they were great. I don't have any idea who is even left in the band anymore.

you probably saw them with graves singing. who sang in the two newer albums by them.

i would definately go see that again.

Yes, I saw them twice with Graves on vocals (the first time being the first tour they did with him in the late 1990s (I think). Those early shows with Graves, before they put out a record, you could close your eyes and think it was Danzing up there.

you probably saw them with graves singing. who sang in the two newer albums by them.

i would definately go see that again.

Yes, I saw them twice with Graves on vocals (the first time being the first tour they did with him in the late 1990s (I think). Those early shows with Graves, before they put out a record, you could close your eyes and think it was Danzing up there.

Danzing? never heard of him.

Graves i don't think ever sounded like DanZIG but he still had a good horrorpunk voice nonetheless

Yeah back in the day I was at some...I think it was a little record convention in Dallas. They had this little set with I think a CD a tape some stickers and a light pen....yes a light pen. This was when I was still in my anti CD stage...but got it anyways. It was like $5.00....and it had Doyle and Jerry from the Misfits!! It;s gotta be good, right. I'd never seen it before so I got it. Got home and played it....What a pile of shit! That $5.00 was a s fuckn rip off! I was taken...This can't be doyle and Jerry....oh but it was....Christian Metal....SHIT metal! Didn't even sound the slightest bit good, or even OK...straight shit! I don't know if they even speak of that band anymore....but if you get a chance to hear it, sit back and have a few laughs but don't spend any money on it....I don't care what anybody says, It's a joke they even did that shit....The funny thing is, they were serious!!! Bombed out, that's why nobody probly even heard of them...I wouldn't tell anyone about that band if it was me....

Yeah back in the day I was at some...I think it was a little record convention in Dallas. They had this little set with I think a CD a tape some stickers and a light pen....yes a light pen. This was when I was still in my anti CD stage...but got it anyways. It was like $5.00....and it had Doyle and Jerry from the Misfits!! It;s gotta be good, right. I'd never seen it before so I got it. Got home and played it....What a pile of shit! That $5.00 was a s fuckn rip off! I was taken...This can't be doyle and Jerry....oh but it was....Christian Metal....SHIT metal! Didn't even sound the slightest bit good, or even OK...straight shit! I don't know if they even speak of that band anymore....but if you get a chance to hear it, sit back and have a few laughs but don't spend any money on it....I don't care what anybody says, It's a joke they even did that shit....The funny thing is, they were serious!!! Bombed out, that's why nobody probly even heard of them...I wouldn't tell anyone about that band if it was me....

the intro and outro tracks on famous monsters are from this recording too! I thin those are the only things they wrote on those records, the rest were written by graves and dr. chud. on the 2 proper "reunion" albums

Danzing? never heard of him.

Graves i don't think ever sounded like DanZIG but he still had a good horrorpunk voice nonetheless

Wow. You're fucking with me because of a typo. Big ups to you.

Those first couple of years Graves had the Danzig sound down. He even aped some of the stage banter from live Danzig records.

EDIT: How many times did you see Misfits live with Graves on vocals?

people really rag on the misfits these days, but honestly (even thought jerry lonely is all about the $$$) they give a good live show. Jerry has a decent horrorpunk voice, dez and robo from black flag hold there own, and you get to hear a few black flag songs too. Really energetic and quite fun.

$30 is worth it for Rise Against and The Misfits, i would say go.

oh and i forgot to mention, they can get through a good 30 set in a night. which is more then any band these days can do. let talk more rock.

But at a radio show with a full bill you won't get anywhere near 30 songs.

No one here is probably old enough to have seen the Misfits live. The Misfits broke up a long time ago. Jerry Only plus a few other dudes (I don't care if they were in the Ramones or Black Flag) are not the Misfits.

You can make this argument about half of the old bands touring today. No, it's not the actual Misfits and hasn't been since the band originally broke up. But a band that calls itself Misfits is touring and playing shows with that name and features a member of the original Misfits and plays Misfits songs. For the majority of people, that's the only way they'll see Misfits songs played live. Same can be said for Dead Kennedys. Same can be said for Screeching Weasel (since Jughead isn't there). If you don't want to see them, don't see them. If you want to see members of an old band play songs by their old band, go ahead and have fun.

No one here is probably old enough to have seen the Misfits live. The Misfits broke up a long time ago. Jerry Only plus a few other dudes (I don't care if they were in the Ramones or Black Flag) are not the Misfits.

You can make this argument about half of the old bands touring today. No, it's not the actual Misfits and hasn't been since the band originally broke up. But a band that calls itself Misfits is touring and playing shows with that name and features a member of the original Misfits and plays Misfits songs. For the majority of people, that's the only way they'll see Misfits songs played live. Same can be said for Dead Kennedys. Same can be said for Screeching Weasel (since Jughead isn't there). If you don't want to see them, don't see them. If you want to see members of an old band play songs by their old band, go ahead and have fun.

Well said sir! While I agree that the Misfits minus Danzig are not the same as Jerry/Dez/Robo, the idea is the same. Look at it this way, as this is how I justified paying to see the Wailers: the group Jerry Only plays in is the most authentic Misfits tribute band there is...seriously.

I thought it was pretty fun when I saw them a few years ago, with the Jerry / Dez / Robo lineup. They did some Black Flag songs at the end too. I remember them playing a ton of songs fast as shit, and they sounded pretty tight. The only awkward part was at the end when Jerry put his bass down and literally flexed his muscles at the crowd for like 4 minutes. That said, I would probably pay $30 for them and Rise Against.

The last time I saw the Misfits was in 2000 and they were great. I don't have any idea who is even left in the band anymore.

I saw them in '99 with Gwar and that was pretty awesome. Saw them again in 2000. I was actually at the show in Tampa where Doyle and Graves stormed off the stage. That was just funny.

I actually dug their first two "reunion" records, but Jerry Only is not cut out for vocals. And the fact that they're more of an accessories company than a band overshadows any music they make, as far as I'm concerned.