TO THE VLV SPAMMERS

Guest genericinsight

Guest genericinsight

YOU GUYS ARE PATHETIC. MESSAGE BOARD WARS HAVE DESTROYED VINYL COLLECTING FOR ME. I WOULD POST THIS OVER AT YOUR BOARD BUT I CAN'T LOG IN/REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. Stop making stupid assumptions that all of us are idiots who go to the "right" and "wrong" and "terrible" shows just because we don't necessarily adhere to the same ideals as you or like the same bands as you. Who's to say we don't either?

Maybe give us a chance instead of shitting all over us. We should be united by the common bond of collecting rather than message board vs board. This is so fucking stupid it makes my head spin. You all need to read this to see what's being said about this board elsewhere. This needs to be stopped. We need to unite.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight

Internet vinyl wars = serious business apparently. never till I started posting at any of these places did I see message board vs message board. VLV and Pop Punk bored and whoever else are just as pathetic for thinking their own little clique of equal internet losers who don't leave their house and have the time and energy and effort to spam multiple boards. Which isn't to say I'm not one of these either, but don't go act all high and mighty.

Why bother posting here at all if you're just gonna make fun of these folks behind their backs at a board you don't think they'll read?

Guest genericinsight

By the way I already see you guys are up to your old tricks. I'm only posting this here because I can't log into my already existing account (not that it matters but I've had one over there since 2003 because, well, surprise surprise, I did like it at one point) over there. I don't bother PMing anyone individually anymore because none of you will see my point and if you say something honest and try to have a mature conversation, you'll likely just go post it over at the other board so we can be laughed at behind our backs.

I should say that record collecting being made public on the internet has ruined this for me.

listen, lady. just because yes, i may have not left the house for a few days now and yes, maybe i dont have a job, and yes, maybe i post a lot on a lot of different boards that doesnt make me an internet loser... do you know how many girls ive met offline who have seen my witty postings and have offered to fellatiate me for it? plenty.

i am no internet loser

i am an internet winner

Guest genericinsight
listen, lady. just because yes, i may have not left the house for a few days now and yes, maybe i dont have a job, and yes, maybe i post a lot on a lot of different boards that doesnt make me an internet loser... do you know how many girls ive met offline who have seen my witty postings and have offered to fellatiate me for it? plenty.

i am no internet loser

i am an internet winner

case in fucking point. you guys don't know and aren't capable of having a mature discussion about this. you laugh when this board members make jokes about the serious topics you bring to the table but you turn around and do the same thing. Shouldn't that make you just as awful and pathetic as we are?

Guest genericinsight

Don't think I'm not lurking the other board to see how badly I'm being mad fun of over there. I'm trying to be serious. This is so fucking stupid and I would like to think you'd all see how idiotic this is in the long run.

If I can bring the room down for a minute. I've always felt the point of any actual conversation (which I tend to believes rules out most message boards) is the exchange of ideas, not the beating of another persons ideas until they admit defeat. All too often, that is not the case in many conversations here or otherwise. People feel they collect records the "right" way, or listen to the "right" music or listen to music for the "right" reasons and I can see how that might wear on a person looking to have a legitimate discussion. However, I do feel stupid (and sometimes hilarious jokes) are conversation neutral and shouldn't be pointed to as a major problem in a discussion, so much as the "this is right, this is wrong" aspect.

That said, I have offered to felicitate Servo...I'm not proud of it.

And I'm gonna leave that last part as is. Thanks Spellcheck.

Guest genericinsight
listen, lady. your problem here seems to be that you've tried to combine seriousness and the internet. thats like trying to drink a scotch and drano on the rocks.

you want to have a mature discussion? about what exactly? like what is it youre trying to accomplish here?

What is it about the internet that automatically means people should run around and act like 4 year olds? Maybe I've done this because you fight fire with fire. Instead of legitimately listening to our points of view and hearing what we have to say, you spout elitist bullshit like we don't see distros because we go to the "wrong" shows or collect the "wrong" records. Fuck, you hate on us because we like collecting vinyl... oh, I'm sorry, I mean "records". So fucking what. Go collect your own records and live your OWN life.

If I can bring the room down for a minute. I've always felt the point of any actual conversation (which I tend to believes rules out most message boards) is the exchange of ideas, not the beating of another persons ideas until they admit defeat. All too often, that is not the case in many conversations here or otherwise. People feel they collect records the "right" way, or listen to the "right" music or listen to music for the "right" reasons and I can see how that might wear on a person looking to have a legitimate discussion. However, I do feel stupid (and sometimes hilarious jokes) are conversation neutral and shouldn't be pointed to as a major problem in a discussion, so much as the "this is right, this is wrong" aspect.

Thank you.