TO THE VLV SPAMMERS

Guest genericinsight

VLV and Pop Punk bored and whoever else are just as pathetic for thinking their own little clique of equal internet losers who don't leave their house and have the time and energy and effort to spam multiple boards. Which isn't to say I'm not one of these either, but don't go act all high and mighty.

this coming from the person speaking down to others about their ways. a person who has 3000+ posts on this messageboard alone. who is posting in the middle of the day, and the other night was posting at 4am still.

self clowning in progress.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest genericinsight
VLV and Pop Punk bored and whoever else are just as pathetic for thinking their own little clique of equal internet losers who don't leave their house and have the time and energy and effort to spam multiple boards. Which isn't to say I'm not one of these either, but don't go act all high and mighty.

this coming from the person speaking down to others about their ways. a person who has 3000+ posts on this messageboard alone. who is posting in the middle of the day, and the other night was posting at 4am still.

self clowning in progress.

1) I'm unemployed and have been for a year and a half, can't help that. Don't even think about judging me because you don't know my personal situation and financial strain over here, its not as easy as just "getting a job".

2) I was posting at 7am east coast time this morning not 4am, very reasonable time for someone to be awake

3) you fight fire with fire because it's the only way you know how, isn't it? Think of how much less of a life I would have if I tried to individually PM every person who has made a wrong assumption, and how many people would actually listen or take me seriously.

You can make all the kids are united jokes and stupid bullshit but I truly believe no matter what sect of punk rock you partake in, its always going to be us against the world, and we shouldn't fight each other. This is going to make me an idealist and a butt of jokes even more at VLV but so fucking be it.

"What is it about the internet that automatically means people should run around and act like 4 year olds? Maybe I've done this because you fight fire with fire. Instead of legitimately listening to our points of view and hearing what we have to say, you spout elitist bullshit like we don't see distros because we go to the "wrong" shows or collect the "wrong" records. Fuck, you hate on us because we like collecting vinyl... oh, I'm sorry, I mean "records". So fucking what. Go collect your own records and live your OWN life."

listen, lady. there arent right shows and there arent wrong shows. there arent right bands to listen to or wrong bands. taste is subjective. your trade list seems aight, i dont think you suck based off what you listen to.

your points of view (not you specifically but this board as a whole) are usually laughable. so they get laughed at. i think the reason so much scorn and ire is heaped upon vc from the outisde (aside from the fact that your reactions [again the board as a whole] are laughable and provide entertainment) is the fact that a lot of what goes on here and the subculture around it is touted as being independent when in fact it is not at all.

my personal disdain for the vc collector comes from the hoarding of multiples and variants. i personally think it is fucking retarded to have more than 2 copies of any given record. theres a lot of people here who track down 20 copies of one record when theyd be way better off getting 20 different records by 20 different bands.

but mostly for the lulz. and you admonishing us over getting a rise out of you and laughing at it is like someone telling me its wrong to rub my boner through a pair of sweat pants. shit just feels good.

Guest genericinsight
"What is it about the internet that automatically means people should run around and act like 4 year olds? Maybe I've done this because you fight fire with fire. Instead of legitimately listening to our points of view and hearing what we have to say, you spout elitist bullshit like we don't see distros because we go to the "wrong" shows or collect the "wrong" records. Fuck, you hate on us because we like collecting vinyl... oh, I'm sorry, I mean "records". So fucking what. Go collect your own records and live your OWN life."

listen, lady. there arent right shows and there arent wrong shows. there arent right bands to listen to or wrong bands. taste is subjective. your trade list seems aight, i dont think you suck based off what you listen to.

your points of view (not you specifically but this board as a whole) are usually laughable. so they get laughed at. i think the reason so much scorn and ire is heaped upon vc from the outisde (aside from the fact that your reactions [again the board as a whole] are laughable and provide entertainment) is the fact that a lot of what goes on here and the subculture around it is touted as being independent when in fact it is not at all.

my personal disdain for the vc collector comes from the hoarding of multiples and variants. i personally think it is fucking retarded to have more than 2 copies of any given record. theres a lot of people here who track down 20 copies of one record when theyd be way better off getting 20 different records by 20 different bands.

but mostly for the lulz. and you admonishing us over getting a rise out of you and laughing at it is like someone telling me its wrong to rub my boner through a pair of sweat pants. shit just feels good.

See this is where the problem lies. Much like there isn't a right and wrong way to listen to music or go to shows as you claim, there shouldn't be a "right" or "wrong" way to listen/collect/do whatever the fuck you want with records. Live and fucking let live. Also, your generalization right there: "The VC Collector", automatically lumps us into the same category assuming that every person, or most, who post here and legitimately like this community does the same thing. Have you seriously browsed through every one of the 2000+ members of this board's tradelist and seen who and who doesn't own multiple copies of a record?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the concept of being "independent" mean individual as well as small/do it yourself? You act like VC/Suburban Home wasn't as much as an indie label with DIY roots. I could point out all the other places/companies/labels that have started out completely independent and DIY and then lead on to something bigger. Look at R5 Productions in Philly. The shit they book rivals Clear Channel and Live Nation and I'm not gonna doubt they don't have money in the bank from it. But that's not the point. I'm not saying I would, but sometimes people who work their asses off for their small, independent (which should also mean doing things for themselves) company deserve a break and a bit of attention?

Guest genericinsight
and i know not everyone is guilty of collecting like that. but this place is guilty of making people think thats the way to collect.

If you really think a message board or the actions/thoughts/ideas of people who post on one give off the idea that its the "right" way to collect or take part in a hobby, then you're just as insane and immature about this then I am. Talk about taking the internet too seriously.

Guest genericinsight
listen lady, its mostly virgil trying to make a quick buck. most of these kids got into vinyl collecting recently and are allowing vc to spoon feed them. the reason i dont like vc is most of vc doesnt think for itself.

More generalizations. Maybe if you spend a little more time here (not that you will) you would see that isn't exactly a pillar of truth. I and numerous other folks here have been buying and collecting records since long before this board/VC existed. I think you're just allowing yourself what you want to see since you've gotten this idea in your head.

Guest genericinsight

Eh, whatever. I'm fucking done. I've had enough. Sorry for doing this. I'm fucked up. I shouldn't be taking this out on you guys.

After tonight's radio show contest I'm only gonna be posting in the sales forum to get rid of my records and then I'm deleting my account on every board. No more collecting nonsense for me. No goodbye threads. No threats. I quit. I quit. I fucking quit. There, I said it

Eh, whatever. I'm fucking done. I've had enough. Sorry for doing this. I'm fucked up. I shouldn't be taking this out on you guys.

After tonight's radio show contest I'm only gonna be posting in the sales forum to get rid of my records and then I'm deleting my account on every board. No more collecting nonsense for me. No goodbye threads. No threats. I quit. I quit. I fucking quit. There, I said it

Really now?

Were you seriously that naieve to think that people would look at this thread and be like " she's right dudes let's all be friends" this thread was like throwing a piece of meat to a pack of wolves man, its the interent man, people are gonna be jerks and its not meant to be seriously taken seriously. I don't understand how someone can quit a hobby because of somethingf that will blow over in a day or 2.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, at all, but I think you got some issues homey , real talk shit

I guess this would be considered your goodbye thread then.

Guest genericinsight

I guess this would be considered your goodbye thread then.

didnt start out with the intention of being one so no