PO: LUCERO "1372 Overton Park" LP

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

LUCERO "1372 Overton Park" LP

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/602527200903

I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge how much Lucero has helped shape the genre of punks playing Country music and how much of an impact they have had on me personally with the broadening of my musical tastes. I have been in love with Lucero since I first heard their Self-titled and Tennessee albums. I wore those records and have been quick to pick up each new album as they are released. "That Much Further West" is probably my favorite and hate to say it, I have not been as big of a fan of the last few albums in comparison to the first three. I like them all, but to me they just didn't stack up next to S/t, Tennessee, or That Much Further West.

This is Lucero's major label debut and I have been listening to the album on repeat mode with critical ears. Their first single threw me for a loop and when I first heard it, I was not too keen on the upcoming album. Taking that song out of context though might have been a misstep from the band and management as the song sounds great when played in the middle of the other songs, but on its own, it left me scratching my head. I think the band has recaptured some of the magic that those earlier records have while taking their sound in a completely different direction. I can only imagine that they had a really good time recording these songs paying homage to the Southern Rock that they probably grew up on and you know what? They pull it off. I am really excited to see these songs performed live as I hear that they are bringing a backing band and back up singers for this first tour in support of the album.

We will have copies in early next week and word on the street is that the pressing is on "limited edition" blue vinyl. I won't know for sure that this is what our copies will come on , but I imagine they will.

And the good news is that this is Lucero's first album in quite some time that is available on vinyl at the same time as the CD. Hopefully the other records come out sooner than later.

you know what? fuck the bands and buying shit directly from them. who do they think they are? charging for shipping and packaging and actually trying to make enough money to keep on doing what they are doing. man, fuck, like shit isn't this the only place that sells vinyl and loses money on shipping? just so no one complains that they actually have to pay for the cost of shipping. crazy.

just sayin'. seems like no one buys shit from anywhere other than here. A band has a new record and the shits on here are like "virgil are you gonna get this?" Why? I don't know. The store is shitty in a usability sense. The prices are fair. Shippings cheap, but fuck people. buy the record from the label or band who is putting it out. they probably aren't making shit to begin with, but they make even less when they sell it to VC since they are selling at wholesale or some shit so VC can mark it up. Yeah its more convenient to buy it here. but maybe take that extra 30 seconds to fill out a form with your info and pay an extra dollar for shipping. Not that hard.

And other pre-order? For something that is not in stock yet. DUDE! Good call! In general this is just getting annoying. At least this one has actually been pressed and people will eventually get it unlike the Austin/Takers 7 inch. how long ago did that shit go up? and when is that coming? and that goes for the frank/tim 7 inch. another pre-order failure. I can't believe anyone is still buys stuff from these jokers. srsly.

all i'm sayin' is this is starting to get really _lame_

buuuuh-bye!!!

just sayin'. seems like no one buys shit from anywhere other than here. A band has a new record and the shits on here are like "virgil are you gonna get this?" Why? I don't know. The store is shitty in a usability sense. The prices are fair. Shippings cheap, but fuck people. buy the record from the label or band who is putting it out. they probably aren't making shit to begin with, but they make even less when they sell it to VC since they are selling at wholesale or some shit so VC can mark it up. Yeah its more convenient to buy it here. but maybe take that extra 30 seconds to fill out a form with your info and pay an extra dollar for shipping. Not that hard.

And other pre-order? For something that is not in stock yet. DUDE! Good call! In general this is just getting annoying. At least this one has actually been pressed and people will eventually get it unlike the Austin/Takers 7 inch. how long ago did that shit go up? and when is that coming? and that goes for the frank/tim 7 inch. another pre-order failure. I can't believe anyone is still buys stuff from these jokers. srsly.

all i'm sayin' is this is starting to get really _lame_

buuuuh-bye!!!

So people should buy direct from the major label and not the indie distro? Regardless of how you feel about V right now that seems silly.

did i say major label? no. i didn't. I said label/band. sure lucero is on a major now, but i was speaking more generally. but if its sooooo evil to buy from a major directly then don't buy it all.

Thats another thing that i love is how everyone picks apart every fucking statement to find one thing to try and distract from the point. way to go! good for you!

I don't have any feelings about V ( assuming Virgil ) either way. He runs a business to make money just like every other business. He's no better or worse than anyone else. The pre-orders are ridiculous thats all. And no one needs a pint glass or shotgun-o-nator or whatever its called.

My point was that try buying from the band/label. Like this record. Lucero would appreciate it if you bought it from them i bet. have you heard that production? Its going to take a lot record/cd sales to pay back the label on recording it. but who cares? right? don't know why i do. i guess i am just sick of all the whining/bitching about whats the most limited/elitist color and how much shipping costs from other records outlets. is there anything anyone on here actually likes other than shit talking/bitching? seriously? I'm not any better for this rant, I know. So don't even call me on it.

I wonder what the average age is on this board any how. I bet that explains most of it. And not from the perspective that "i am older and I know better" or any shit like that. Just that the younger kids don't really know record ordering life without the internets. Where you had to send concealed cash to the band/label and shit and were lucky if anything ever showed up. Who cares if it was bent or not. But if it showed you were happy. But all they complain about is how shit shows up fucked up, the packing and the cost of shipping. How about contacting the place where you got it and be like hey this is messed up, can we work something out to fix it? That actually works if you approach the situation correctly. No one wants an unhappy customer.

How about people be excited about music, records and supporting artists/labels who make it possible to listen to amazing songs with real substance?

( I know I am all over the place on this one, but this shit is just frustrating as all get out, fuck! )

A place you joined to troll is frustrating to you? Interesting.

I'm 25. I started collecting vinyl when I was 17, but I was active w/ mail order back in the day as well. First time I did it was with Lookout when I was like 12 ordering Mr. T Experience and Neurosis records. Took eight months to get my order. Getting anything through old school mail order was a pain in the ass. And if shit you paid for was damaged and unplayable you were fucked. I'm not sure what the nostalgia for those days is all about man.

As for shipping, as long as a place doesn't charge me more than 5 bucks for media mail on a single standard weight Lp I'll use it. But with rise in vinyl collecting there are a lot of people squeezing money from every source they can. The people who retardedly over charge for shipping are among them. And if a record shows up damaged and unplayable almost everyone who gets something like that here contacts the labels. The handful of times I've heard folks bitch is when labels blow them off about a poorly packaged album thats been broken in half. I find it profoundly strange that you miss the "good ol days" were things you paid for showed up broken or never showed up at all and you were okay with it because that was just part of supporting music.

As for the band seeing money from this release, they probably wont, but I know where you are coming from. Almost everyone on this board orders from independent labels directly all the time. It can get annoying to overpay on shipping, which happens a lot, but the people who cry and moan about it are almost always the same folks every time. If you take those people out of the equation we're really nice folks.

You can ignore posters here. I do it all the time. For the most part this community is full of folks who really love music. There are a handful of annoying kids who have to own every color/cover/fart from every musician known to man, but they're few and far between. Most of us are only looking for discographies of bands we like, or we've got one that we collect variants of. I collect O Pioneers! records because I love that band and I think they've done fun stuff with their records. But thats the only band I do multiples of. If you want to find the people here to are in it for the music and not plastic hording look around without throwing down your glass and screaming everyone at this party sucks. It's amazing what acting civil can get you.

Stick around and stop trolling. You might enjoy yourself.

did i say major label? no. i didn't. I said label/band. sure lucero is on a major now, but i was speaking more generally. but if its sooooo evil to buy from a major directly then don't buy it all.

Thats another thing that i love is how everyone picks apart every fucking statement to find one thing to try and distract from the point. way to go! good for you!

I don't have any feelings about V ( assuming Virgil ) either way. He runs a business to make money just like every other business. He's no better or worse than anyone else. The pre-orders are ridiculous thats all. And no one needs a pint glass or shotgun-o-nator or whatever its called.

My point was that try buying from the band/label. Like this record. Lucero would appreciate it if you bought it from them i bet. have you heard that production? Its going to take a lot record/cd sales to pay back the label on recording it. but who cares? right? don't know why i do. i guess i am just sick of all the whining/bitching about whats the most limited/elitist color and how much shipping costs from other records outlets. is there anything anyone on here actually likes other than shit talking/bitching? seriously? I'm not any better for this rant, I know. So don't even call me on it.

I wonder what the average age is on this board any how. I bet that explains most of it. And not from the perspective that "i am older and I know better" or any shit like that. Just that the younger kids don't really know record ordering life without the internets. Where you had to send concealed cash to the band/label and shit and were lucky if anything ever showed up. Who cares if it was bent or not. But if it showed you were happy. But all they complain about is how shit shows up fucked up, the packing and the cost of shipping. How about contacting the place where you got it and be like hey this is messed up, can we work something out to fix it? That actually works if you approach the situation correctly. No one wants an unhappy customer.

How about people be excited about music, records and supporting artists/labels who make it possible to listen to amazing songs with real substance?

( I know I am all over the place on this one, but this shit is just frustrating as all get out, fuck! )

You're not just all over the place, you're contradicting yourself. You're all pissed about pre-orders that haven't shipped yet, but you're nostalgic about the good ol' days when you'd send money to labels and not get anything in return. That logic = fucked. Also, your "Buy from the label" argument is completely stupid for major label releases. Mostly because record company execs aren't using your money to put gas in their '83 Econoline, but also because major labels generally don't have Web stores.

Also, you seem really angry.

I'll start this buy commenting that I purchased this album via the Lucero Web-Store, simply because they posted it up there first.

Now, I'm going out on a limb here...I really don't think Lucero cares who buys their records from where...so long as it sells. I also wouldn't think that a Major would care where their albums are sold at either, Majors sell CDs in Wal-Mart.

not getting into anything else that was in your post, nor will I disect your entire argument for one tiny thing, just this out of line paragraph.

You buy the record, you support the band. It's doesn't matter where you're buying the thing from. I actually ordered the CD from the Lucero website, before the vinyl was announced. I'm sure I'll get around buying the vinyl someday. I don't really care if I get a limited edition blue copy.

I don't really understand the anger/frustration with the pre-orders. Sure, once in a while there's a delay, but isn't that pretty much how it goes with vinyl? I've never had a problem ordering from this site. Any mix-ups i've had have been pretty easily corrected. For the record I don't just order from Virgil, although i will admit his prices are good, and it's a pretty convenient one-stop-shop.

It's seems a bunch of people joined the board just to bash recently. Strange.