my Look Mexico tattoo - start to finish

Guest kylewilliam

Guest kylewilliam

so while on tour a month ago i got my chest piece done. it is the cover art of Look Mexico's Gasp Asp 7". that band has been a favourite of mine since they started and i am so stoked at how well they are doing, that song "you're afraid of the dark" is genius, and This Is Animal Music as a whole is near perfect.

I got the tattoo between 11pm and 4am at a closed shop in toronto. Heres photos of how the night progressed.

[image]

just the outline, still in high spirits

[image]

the outline was horrible, i've always heard the collar bone was the worst spot to get tattoo'd, and you know what... i heard correct.

[image]

during the black shading and small line work, josh mikel is a damn fine artist but FUCK THERE ARE A LOT OF SMALL LINES.

[image]

black shading and small lines done. at this point it is 3 and a half hours of tattooing and i am fucking w r e c k e d. i almost didn't finish the colouring, but i was only in toronto for one night and i decided to just go ahead with it.

[image]

this picture was taken literally 4 minutes before i passed out on the tattoo artists floor in her apartment three blocks away. i had a ninth wind, powered up three flights, got on a sleeping pad and P A S S E D O U T.

[image]

finished product!

and don't lie, the man boobage is stellar!