PO: Daylight - Sinking 10"

• 1 month later...

So yeah last time I order from City Of Gold. Ordered on June 29th, sent several e-mails, and it wasn't until my e-mail about me filing a paypal dispute in late July that it magically showed up today. Postage paid July 26th. Thankful I got it but the fact they didn't respond back is ridiculous.

So yeah last time I order from City Of Gold. Ordered on June 29th, sent several e-mails, and it wasn't until my e-mail about me filing a paypal dispute in late July that it magically showed up today. Postage paid July 26th. Thankful I got it but the fact they didn't respond back is ridiculous.

I got beat by him on this and Daytrader stuff :( no refund or anything but it's far beyond the window to file a claim. I emailed him, he said he'd refund me and never did then stopped responding. Whatever I guess it happens, lesson learned.

I got beat by him on this and Daytrader stuff :( no refund or anything but it's far beyond the window to file a claim. I emailed him, he said he'd refund me and never did then stopped responding. Whatever I guess it happens, lesson learned.

Sucks dude. Hope your shit magically shows up too.

• 5 months later...

Its been in stock for awhile, it actually might be one of the first records he did. I havent had a problem receiving any orders from him and the one I thought I wasnt getting came a day after I had emailed him, so its not like it wasnt sent already. If you guys are on facebook, his name is Adrian Denver Cecil. See if messaging him on there gets any results.

Came to this thread because I really love Daylight, but I have a sort of random question to throw at you all...

I ordered a shirt from a relatively unknown band. It was $5.00 in their webstore with $1.00 shipping. This was back in September. I waited patiently and did not receive anything. Granted, this band has not done any U.S. tours since I have been following them, and their shows are strictly regional. So, in the second week of December I sent them an email asking when I could expect the shirt. I was really nice and explained that maybe it had just gone overlooked. The same day they responded back that they would look into it. That night on their Facebook they posted "Sending out a bunch of backed up merch orders. Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience!" Granted this was back in the second week of December. The band is located only one state away from me, so I figure when they send something it will most likely get here relatively soon. It's the last day of January and I still haven't received anything. I emailed them again a few days ago and have not heard back at all.

I realize that I am only out $6.00, and there are TONS of worse places to sink that money than on a fairly small band. Hell, if they had been asking for $6.00 donations for tour or to press a record I would have sent it their way in a heartbeat. But, it's just kinda left a really bad taste in my mouth.... Should I just forget about it and move on? Again, it's not like I NEEDED the t-shirt, and couldn't spare the six bucks. It's just kind of a bummer to see them actively engaging with other people on their facebook and just ignoring my emails-- and even after I have written short messages on their facebook like "Hey guys, sorry to bother you, but would you care to check on my merch order?" I've been cordial and understanding in all of the messages I've sent, yet nothing has been done.

I only posted this because I saw that some of you are worried about not getting records from CoG. I've been lucky enough to never have had an issue with purchasing something online or even paypaling someone money, and receiving nothing. If there ever was an issue, it was resolved quickly.

What do you all think? There's a big part of me that's just like "Dude, chill. It was only a few dollars." But, I don't know... Still feel kinda gipped.