Pain - Jabberjaw and other releases?

• 1 month later...

Hey this is Avi at Springman Records / Silver Sprocket, we released the Pain EP in question years ago.

I'll try to clear this up the best I can from memory...

The first 100 or so EPs had a home photocopied cover on blue paper. This was because the final covers didn't come in on time (because the original art we had drawn came out so horrible that we had to get someone else to re-draw them). These first records included a coupon that could be redeemed for an official cover.

The guy who did the art we actually used was Ed Tadem with colors by Shaun Struble. I'm not sure what girl you might have been talking about who did the art, unless you mean Julie Wager who drew and designed the labels.

I believe there were 1,000 EPs pressed total between two pressings of 500 each, though it could have only been one pressing of 500, I'm not sure since its been a while. One of the pressings was red vinyl, and I think the other black, but I am really not sure. I vaguely remember something about blue vinyl. OK, I'm being kind of useless here, there are a few stashed away at my parent's house that I can take a look at if anyone cares.

The vinyl is way sold out, sorry I can't really help with that. We still have the plates and some covers though I guess if there is enough interest to get more made. We have it on CD right now for what will probably be the final pressing just since Pain does so much better now digitally than physically. We have just a few wonderful Beef CDs left, and a few hundred Midgets With Guns CDs left.

And I was just surprised to find none of the Pain records up on Interpunk or VinylCollective's websites, we will get right on fixing that!

Any questions or anything, feel free to email me at avi (at) springmanrecords dot com

I just made this message board account to reply to this one, probably wont be on here to much just because I am really bad at keeping up with message boards.

• 2 years later...