Can We talk about guitar amps now?

I have a Laney LH50, an older version of this: http://www.sabaturproaudio.com/Laney-LH50-50-Watt-2-Channel-Tube-Head-_p_2582.html

two channel 50w head with a 4x10 Laney cab. I got them both used for about $600 and absolutely love it. I have been using it for roughly eight years, and just in the past few months the wiring has come loose on the output. Thats the only problem I have had with it. If I had money for another amp, I would absolutely buy an Orange. I've always really liked Dr. Z amps also, but have never actually played one.

I've got a Peavey 5150 combo and it used to sit on top of a custom made 4x12", but not anymore. I'd actually really like to trade it for an Orange head or a Vox combo.

Nogblast, that is ridiculous! Is that a Jazzmaster? If so, I have one as well, but I'd like to replace the pickups with something a little more bassy. Any suggestions?

Ive been using my friends solid state Marshall stack for a while now, I dont know the model or anything but its not that great.

Im looking into getting either a Roland Jazz 120,Orange 2x12 or a Fender Twin Reverb.

If so, I have one as well, but I'd like to replace the pickups with something a little more bassy. Any suggestions?

monk0nuggets, have you looked into the Seymour Duncan Antiquity II? I've heard theyre kinda bassy, but I havent tried them, I still have my stock ones on my my guitar and they sound amazing.

What kind of Jazzmaster do you have?

I've got a Peavey 5150 combo and it used to sit on top of a custom made 4x12", but not anymore. I'd actually really like to trade it for an Orange head or a Vox combo.

Nogblast, that is ridiculous! Is that a Jazzmaster? If so, I have one as well, but I'd like to replace the pickups with something a little more bassy. Any suggestions?

good luck trying to trade your 5150 for a orange head... that's going to be nearly impossible as the heads are gonna be worth way more than that combo alone. you'd be better off trying to trade for a vox (depending on the combo)

If we're posting gear pics, here was a bunch of my amps a few years ago. This wasn't even all of it at the time.

[image]

Vox AC50 (mid-70s)

Ampeg SVT (mid-70s)

Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab (late 60s)

Marshall Super Lead 100 (1969 or 1970)

Fatboy 3 channel head #1

Bogner Mojo prototype 2x12 combo

Fatboy 3 channel head #2

Fatboy 3 channel head #3

Bogner 2x12 cab

Vibroworld custom 4x12 cab

Red (Matamp) 1224 MKII

Bad Cat Hot Cat 30 1x12 combo

If we're posting gear pics, here was a bunch of my amps a few years ago. This wasn't even all of it at the time.

[image]

Vox AC50 (mid-70s)

Ampeg SVT (mid-70s)

Fatboy 3 channel head #1

Fatboy 3 channel head #2

Fatboy 3 channel head #3

Bogner 2x12 cab

Red (Matamp) 1224 MKII

all those amps and only 1 marshall, and no mesa or orange?

[image]

Vox AC50 (mid-70s)

Ampeg SVT (mid-70s)

Fatboy 3 channel head #1

Fatboy 3 channel head #2

Fatboy 3 channel head #3

Bogner 2x12 cab

Red (Matamp) 1224 MKII

all those amps and only 1 marshall, and no mesa or orange?

martin has got rid of a lot supposedly.

xxmartinxx: I'll take the matamp and the superlead from you for $100 each :P

seriously.. so jealous of that matamp and superlead

The Matamp is long gone. I was very disappointed with that map.

I'm selling the Marshall this Wednesday. Slightly more than $100, though. ;)

what was wrong with it? i've had good experiences with the ones i have played (only 3)

how much were you selling that marshall for? curious.

The Matamp is long gone. I was very disappointed with that map.

I'm selling the Marshall this Wednesday. Slightly more than $100, though. ;)

what was wrong with it? i've had good experiences with the ones i have played (only 3)

The Matamp was super thin sounding. A friend of mine has a few Matamps and I've played his since and they have the same thin tone. It makes me wonder if that's why dudes who play at super low tunings like them.

I'm selling it for $1800... or $2000. I forgot what I told my friend. It's been about a year. I'll find out on Wednesday. haha...

The Matamp was super thin sounding. A friend of mine has a few Matamps and I've played his since and they have the same thin tone. It makes me wonder if that's why dudes who play at super low tunings like them.

I'm selling it for $1800... or $2000. I forgot what I told my friend. It's been about a year. I'll find out on Wednesday. haha...

That's probably why. every one i've played i've played in C tuning and it sounded great. not thin at all. not the best, but still good. I think the best amp i've played for what i do is a orange or120 through a emperor cab. holy fuck was it loud. Hence why i think i want a emperor cab now.