The Ataris "Blue Skies, Broken Hearts..." LP

I have it on black but would never give it up, one of my favorite bands of all time

side one

losing streak

1-15-96

san dimas

your boyfriend sucks

i wont spend another night alone

broken promise ring

side two

angry nerd rock

the last song...

choices

better way

my hotel year

life makes no sense

answer

in spite of the world

I have it on black but would never give it up, one of my favorite bands of all time

side one

losing streak

1-15-96

san dimas

your boyfriend sucks

i wont spend another night alone

broken promise ring

side two

angry nerd rock

the last song...

choices

better way

my hotel year

life makes no sense

answer

in spite of the world

Do you know how many were pressed? Are they all black?

Can you send me pictures of the packaging, or just describe it?

I've been looking for this forever too - such an awesome record! :)

I wouldn't make an investment in this album at the moment though as I assume that Kung Fu have already added this to their repress list OR lost copies could show up as they just did with the other two Ataris' albums Kung Fu put out.

I've been looking for this forever too - such an awesome record! :)

I wouldn't make an investment in this album at the moment though as I assume that Kung Fu have already added this to their repress list OR lost copies could show up as they just did with the other two Ataris' albums Kung Fu put out.

there's actually 4 ataris albums on vinyl via Kung Fu

Anywhere But here

Blue Skies

Split with Useless ID

End is Forever

I believe they were all on black, much like most of the Kung Fu vinyl from the 90's and 2000's.

I think a repress is probably in the works, seeing as how this was one of Kung Fu's biggest albums and they seem all about doing vinyl represses of their hit records.

Uploading some pics now for you

thanks man! can't wait to see them

he probably hates everyone including himself.

The album after End is Forever was supposed to be called "Never Compromise What You Believe" and they advertised it that way. Then they got signed to MCA, then they released a bunch of garbage. I still have the adverts for the album that was never made and I like other Ataris fans can only wonder what would have come if they had stayed on Kung Fu and continued to make the music that we all knew and loved instead of In This Diary bullshit!

go see them now I bet the stupid fuck doesn't play The Radio Still Sucks twice in a row either.

rockstars.

The album after End is Forever was supposed to be called "Never Compromise What You Believe" and they advertised it that way. Then they got signed to MCA, then they released a bunch of garbage. I still have the adverts for the album that was never made and I like other Ataris fans can only wonder what would have come if they had stayed on Kung Fu and continued to make the music that we all knew and loved instead of In This Diary bullshit!

go see them now I bet the stupid fuck doesn't play The Radio Still Sucks twice in a row either.

rockstars.

ive seen them a few times recently. one of the shows was acoustic and Kris played "In This Diary", "San Dimas", and "Boys of Summer" and said 'alright, now all the assholes can leave...", and continued to take requests for the rest of the show. ended up playing for about 2 and a half hours

rockstars.

so long astoria was great. welcome the night was underappreciated. get off his nuts.

rockstars.

Really? People are hating the Ataris for signing to a major label in 2009? Get with it, junior, you're supposed to sever all ties with Against Me! now!

Also, I don't know Kris Roe personally (I met him once at a Cursive show in Cleveland a few years back, though), but I think that dude and his band are probably the farthest things from rockstars. Dude self-sabotaged his career with Welcome The Night just to follow his muse, and he ended up having to sell gold records and personalized lyric sheets on eBay to pay his bills (not to mention how he's re-booted the band as a pop-punk act again just to appeal to Drive-Thru Records-worshiping mooks).