Troublemake

Guest havenhurst

Guest havenhurst

i actually just found out about this board recently and it just happens that i just finished this song the other day. i keep an eye on a few messageboards pretty consistently (incl. this one as of some time last week) but you'll see that my posts are few and far between. for what it's worth, the reason i realized that i should post about my band in the first place is because after reading the post on the closet fairies, i checked them out, liked them, and ordered their 7 inch.

what i'm saying i guess is that i use message boards not so much to talk, but because it's a great way to find new music that you're into. my favorite posts are the ones where i get to find out about a new band, so why not mention my own so someone else can find it.

but i'm glad to see that some of you guys are so nice and cool that your first response to a new user is to criticize them because you assume that their only interest in the board is self-promotion. thanks for the welcome.

i actually just found out about this board recently and it just happens that i just finished this song the other day. i keep an eye on a few messageboards pretty consistently (incl. this one as of some time last week) but you'll see that my posts are few and far between. for what it's worth, the reason i realized that i should post about my band in the first place is because after reading the post on the closet fairies, i checked them out, liked them, and ordered their 7 inch.

what i'm saying i guess is that i use message boards not so much to talk, but because it's a great way to find new music that you're into. my favorite posts are the ones where i get to find out about a new band, so why not mention my own so someone else can find it.

but i'm glad to see that some of you guys are so nice and cool that your first response to a new user is to criticize them because you assume that their only interest in the board is self-promotion. thanks for the welcome.

Uh, you kinda asked for it dude.

Guest falloutcollapse

the only thing is, there was already a thread for band self-promotion. so, welcome to the boards.

Guest havenhurst

oh, for real? it's a good thing you mentioned that a second time, 'cause when you pointed it out earlier today it somehow slipped right by me. you know, just to be on the safe side, i'd appreciate it if, from here on out, you could remind me at least a few times a week. thanks a ton!

oh, for real? it's a good thing you mentioned that a second time, 'cause when you pointed it out earlier today it somehow slipped right by me. you know, just to be on the safe side, i'd appreciate it if, from here on out, you could remind me at least a few times a week. thanks a ton!

Dude, don't be a twat. We were just telling you how things operate around here. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Guest falloutcollapse

peace -1 -1 -1 HAHAHAHAH

Guest scriptedrain

Just because your intent may be different than the standard, the standard still exists and, personally, I wouldn't make my first impression off of it.

Nothing personal, obviously, but then again, you didn't even need to use the search function to see that there was a thread titled (in caps) "YOUR BAND."

- Jeff

Guest havenhurst

hey, i made a mistake. you corrected me. i explained where i was coming from and i thought that would kind of set things straight. but then i'm still getting shit. of course, i'm gonna fire back a little sarcasm. it's not like i'm taking personal shots at you or anything. what do you expect me to do when i come on a new board and get criticized for the same shit by 4 people? i was just trying to make the point that if someone fucks up, you only need to tell them once. maybe i should have looked for the "your band" thread, but on the two other boards i use, everyone just posts that kind of shit wherever. still, my bad, whatever.

Guest scriptedrain
maybe i should have looked for the "your band" thread, but on the two other boards i use, everyone just posts that kind of shit wherever.

We're so defensive and critical because this isn't like other message boards and I would argue that many of the users here are proud of that (as I've read it many, many times in the 3 months this board has been up). You want to post whatever without looking, then do that elsewhere. It's not "maybe" you should have looked, it's you should have looked. The only reason people attacked you is because it was your first post, people are usually nice when the person is a part of the community already. When you're an ass right off the bat, then that's gonna happen at any board. You can give me your "but I was only doing this and this" speech again, you're missing the point that it's the way you're going about things in a place where you're not known.

- Jeff

In defense of the offender, from the words or Virgil of forum rules:

"The other thing I would like to say is that people be respectful of others. I hate message boards where people attack new posters for not knowing how the board operates. I want everyone to feel welcome to use this board as a forum to discuss the greatest musical format in the world, Vinyl! Any repeat offending assholes will be booted off of the board."