Mexican Cheerleader LP PO & free download

UPDATE 12/14/2010:

I got this picture from the screen printer a few minutes ago....

[image]

looks like I'll have the covers tomorrow, So I've activated this record in the UCR Distro, pre-orders will ship by the end of the week....

or

This is one of my under the radar releases that was sort of slowly creeping up on me...but the gears are in full motion now...

[image]

...so above you can see, I received the reference lacquer from Dave at Lucky Lacquers tonight for the upcoming Mexican Cheerleader album, which will be the first one of their albums to receive the vinyl treatment(they do have an old split 7" on Jettison Music).

Comically, this is the first time I've heard the finished album, aside from hearing a few songs in the recording studio and hanging while they recorded a few others...ha...so while I'm spinning this it's just reminding me how much I love this band.

They got a little more ambitious with this one, there's some little bits between songs that tie things together really well and will probably crack you up at times...this one might give them the official right to take the reigns from the Arrivals as "the future of classic rock"! The recording is solid! They recorded with Frank from Tongues at his home studio...and goddamn does Frank do excellent work.

If you're a fan of the previous albums and EP's I've released over the years (or the old Oblivion albums!) You will love this. If you're into bands like the Kinks or T.Rex chances are you'll totally be into it as well!

When this does finally happen, I'm only going to press like 200 copies and see how things go.... and I'm just going to silk screen covers to keep expenses down. Before you ask, yes, my eventual plan is to do the previous releases on vinyl as well, but in time, I'll get them out..."Kings and Kings' Hoots" will be the priority for that...because that record is still fucking unreal.

...oh and I have no idea what the album title means...I don't even think the band knows anymore either, they're a bunch of goofball/eccentric dudes...but they make some really awesome inspired rocknroll. Virgil put out an Oblivion record...I'm sure he has some stories too...ha!

...but aside from Mr. Pete Royal(of Oblivion "fame"), the Mexican Cheerleader cast is filled out with Scott Action on lead guitar(formerly of Apocalypse Hoboken), Jimmy Karl White on rhythm guitar(of the great Lynyrds Innards) and on drums is Mr. Andy Pants(also formerly of Apocalypse Hoboken, but also currently in the band Tongues too). (can you tell they don't take themselves all that seriously?)

This album can be downloaded for free here: http://undercomm.org/download/UCR029.zip

Guest naytoid

So looking forward to this, the two albums and e.p. I've heard are nothing short of great.

Their self titled album is shortly becoming one of my favourite albums.

Pressings super short runs of albums you put out early in your label career is very rewarding. Just keep it cheap and sell them for what they cost you to press.

Next up for me: Wafflehouse* "Olympia" - band is pretty much defunct, but they're super into the idea, they're going to play a few shows when it comes out, and we're only doing 100. It's gonna be awesome.

I wish there was a way to press the Rescue or Stillwell albums. Never gonna happen though, unless I manage to get a high paying job or win the lottery and don't care about throwing away $1500.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey Folks, wow...thanks for bumping this thread!

The tests have been in, I just haven't had the cash to get the full pressing ordered and I'm waiting on some small details from the band yet as it is...Then I'll need time to screen the covers...So these will be available soonish!

• 2 months later...

ha! well the better part of a year later, finally got the label art (this is what happens when you get older and are still in a band, the members keep having kids or life in general gets in the way).

So the art has been sent to the plant and so whenever Rainbo gets around to pressing these this will be out. They seem to be REALLY backed up, because they're taking forever to press the ska is dead series records.....

this is going to have a 2 color silk screened cover that my friend Josh Davis is going to print and I think this is only going to be limited to about 300 copies...I asked Rainbo to press them on random colors.

• 4 weeks later...