1 TB harddrive

Everyone creates their MP3s at different settings. I have 8748 "items" @ 42.92GB. That would mean if I had 16,000 I'd have closer to 90GB of used space as opposed to 75GB. Its all quite variable, my estimates would based on decent quality not high. High quality is closer to 3-4MB a minute. It also depends on the song but I doubt anyone wants to get that deep in to the mpeg-3 algorithms. :)

Guest falloutcollapse
my itunes after my computer crashed:205, ~ 2 gigs

before: somewhere in the 15,000, ~55 gigs

that really really sucks.....i assume you didnt have it backed up?

the majority is backed up, but i cannot find the specific USB wire that goes from the external to the computer. and i'll probably never get around to buying one because i get so impulsive about vinyl

Guest falloutcollapse
i just picked up a 320 gb external hard drive a few weeks ago for about 95 bucks. i figured that was a pretty good deal. i dont know what id do with a 1 tb hard drive though.

put things on it?

just pulling your leg :)

i just picked up a 320 gb external hard drive a few weeks ago for about 95 bucks. i figured that was a pretty good deal. i dont know what id do with a 1 tb hard drive though.

yea i got one a 500gb on a few months back for 120.

its almost full.

i take a lot of really high quality pictures. they are about 15-20 mb a picture.

I'm seriously considering a powermac with 4 500gig drives as a home server. It sounds excessive, but a couple years ago my wifes HP laptop crashed and at the same time so did the external backup drive. We lost all the photos of my kid, who was 9 months at the time, even the shots of her being born. We got most back from our friends and family, but it was a nightmare. Ever since then I've been crazy about backing things up. I bought my wife an imac and I got one too. I'll never own another PC as long as I live.

Hard drives fail. It's a fact of life, whether you have a mac or a pc. Anything with move parts, given enough time, is going to stop working. Although, 4 500 gig drives put in a RAID array should keep you relatively safe, but still, shit happens, especially when it comes to computers.