Alarm Clock or Cellphone?

[image]

I totally harassed my parents for one of these growing up. I never got one.

I use an alarm clock. Not too fancy. Small little clock I've had since I was 15. I very rarely sleep through the alarm, though it is very easy for me to reach over and turn off the alarm in my sleep sometimes.

Alarm Clock

my brother uses this bad boy, it can wake me up through the wall

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/8f1a/zoom/

Tell me more about this, I've been meaning to get one. Does it really shake the bed pretty hard?

when my brother demonstrated it, it seemed like it shook pretty good, not sure how it does under a mattress though. sorry

Guest eriathomas

I set my alarm clock everyday, but my internal clock is so good I've only ever had my alarm clock wake me up once or twice in the last year or so. I always wake up 5-10 mins before my alarm is set to go off, it's crazy.

I'm shocked that most of you need more than one alarm to get up.

I wake up instantly. I've snoozed maybe 10 times total in my lifetime. I hear my alarm, turn it off, eat cereal.

I snooze like ten times a day. I have to set my alarm for about an hour before I need to get up. I've tried the setting it out of reach thing, doesn't work for me. I can make it back to the bed before I wake up at all. I need to just disable the snooze. I have a clock in my bathroom and was hoping I could set the alarm on it so I have no excuse not to start the shower, but alas, no alarm. Today is actually the first day in a crazy long time that I fully slept through my alarm, or turned it off without realizing it. I woke up after I was supposed to have left for work.