VC mentioned in J. Bannon interview on Pastepunk

jhulud

Shit talkin' going down?

Not at all...

Here's the excerpt:

Pastepunk: Positive side of the coin: What do you see as milestones within the hardcore community over the last decade? Is this even measurable?

Bannon: Milestones? I’m not sure what you mean by that. Deathwish has had the pleasure of releasing a wealth of music that has been meaningful to us as listeners, so that’s a positive thing. Hopefully there are others that share a love for that music as well.

Pastepunk: On the negative side of that same coin: Do you ever get worried that Deathwish ends up encouraging vinyl fetishism with crazy limited color variations? Do you a fear a vinyl backlash, which seems to be bubbling up in tandem with the emergency of a site or company like Vinyl Collective?

Bannon: Vinyl is just a media like any other media. It’s always been part of the independent music community since I’ve been involved. It’s importance and the role it plays within the community will always be in flux in some way. Do I fear a backlash? No. Because I view it as just a media, it’s not the heart of anything. The music and the art is the message, not the media.