THOSE W/OHIO PRIDE LTD ITEMS-PICS LINK ADDED

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think its an issue of joe simply "making stuff for the music he loves". i think the point people are getting up in arms about is how seriously this is all taken. Its one thing for someone to make some art for music he loves. Maybe its great, maybe its not. maybe its just a copy of the actual art, maybe its original. maybe you even give a few away to friends who think its awesome. but thats totally different than making a big deal about it and turning it into a "career", and company and writing up a resume that seriously includes making a list of a bands releases, and selling the artwork, and making public posts claiming to work with bands, or be employed by bands etc.

no one has debated over joe being an awesome dude in real life. people just dont seem to like the business/serious turn this endeavor has taken.

ive dealt with joe quite a few times before and the dude is pretty rad on a personal level. however, when you offer a product for sale, and put yourself out on the internet so publicly you have to realize that you are putting yourself out there for criticism and backlash, and allowing critics to voice their criticisms.

some people are just pointing out the silliness of how serious this has become. no need to get butthurt. so some cool points get knocked down, move on and ignore if it really is about the love of the music.

i dont think its an issue of joe simply "making stuff for the music he loves". i think the point people are getting up in arms about is how seriously this is all taken. Its one thing for someone to make some art for music he loves. Maybe its great, maybe its not. maybe its just a copy of the actual art, maybe its original. maybe you even give a few away to friends who think its awesome. but thats totally different than making a big deal about it and turning it into a "career", and company and writing up a resume that seriously includes making a list of a bands releases, and selling the artwork, and making public posts claiming to work with bands, or be employed by bands etc.

no one has debated over joe being an awesome dude in real life. people just dont seem to like the business/serious turn this endeavor has taken.

ive dealt with joe quite a few times before and the dude is pretty rad on a personal level. however, when you offer a product for sale, and put yourself out on the internet so publicly you have to realize that you are putting yourself out there for criticism and backlash, and allowing critics to voice their criticisms.

some people are just pointing out the silliness of how serious this has become. no need to get butthurt. so some cool points get knocked down, move on and ignore if it really is about the love of the music.

whatever works for everybody, no worries. people either love it, like it, don't like it or hate it, alright. it's criticism...cool.

I still don't understand why people are complaining about his artwork when people go to him, it's not like he's advertising his stuff all over the place.

this is the internet. If some chick posts a video on youtube of her in a bikini dancing around, there is a good chance that at some point someone will respond and call her a fat ugly whore who is busted, etc.

when you make excited public facebook/myspace/messageboard posts with pictures, etc you are putting yourself out there to the public and people will see it. Both the people who wanna support you in the awesomeness of it, and the people who dont agree, or see eye to eye and will call you out for the stupidity of it.

I still don't understand why people are complaining about his artwork when people go to him, it's not like he's advertising his stuff all over the place.

this is the internet. If some chick posts a video on youtube of her in a bikini dancing around, there is a good chance that at some point someone will respond and call her a fat ugly whore who is busted, etc.

when you make excited public facebook/myspace/messageboard posts with pictures, etc you are putting yourself out there to the public and people will see it. Both the people who wanna support you in the awesomeness of it, and the people who dont agree, or see eye to eye and will call you out for the stupidity of it.

I feel like the point I'm trying to make is just going straight over your head.

the point you made is that he is not advertising his stuff all over the place. in those exact words.

which im saying is not true. he makes faceboook posts, myspace posts, posts on a public messageboard which has a very high readership. maintains a website, etc. it may not be traditional advertising as such, but its putting it out very publicly. my point is simply that that is a form of advertising his stuff, which makes it subject to criticism.

If you dont want criticism, keep your drawings in a sketchbook under your bed, and no one will ever praise or hate on you.

if you play guitar in your room when no one is around, you wont be subject to criticism (other than your own), but once you start posting your songs for download or streaming by the public, you are essentially advertising your music, which makes it subject to criticism.

doesnt matter the intent of the art, or who commissioned the art. if its public, people will have opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...