Favorite Brews

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like the white ale you should try Blue Moon or Hoegarden (pronounced who-garten) if you haven't already.

Oh man Hoegarden is fucking good!

Its easily the best white beer I've ever had. Blue Moon is a close second.

For those hard to find beers and other beverages check out bevmo.com.

Ever since I lived in Colorado, I've been a big Fat Tire fan. Definitely a nice thing about being here is getting beers from Oregon, Washington and Colorado. I had a lot of Mirror Ponds a few weeks ago...very good. Also had one fucker of a hangover.

In terms of the cheaper stuff, it's Kokanee or bust for me.

No offense, but Coors Light is the worst beer I've ever tasted. It was like drinking bubbly water with a dead animal floating in it.
truf. or the piss of a homeless man.

personal favorites:

storm king imperial stout, its an amazing brew

boddingtons pub ale

yuengling. im not a particular fan of their lager, but their black & tan brew is phenomenal. and also phenomenally cheap.

and sam adams. i love their ales. they are really surprisingly good for a large brewer.

ive never liked lager. well, i like two lagers well enough to actually purchase them with my own money.

steam whistle (its local out of toronto, and ive never seen it outside of the greater toronto area and outlying towns)

and tsingtao. something about the way it finishes has always appealed to me.

ive tried alot of czech, polish, russian, and ukranian beers, and none of them have been good enough for me to try a second time. too light, not enough flavor, etc. i just dont like pilsners in general.

i like one IPA thats worth mentioning, sierra nevada IPA

i'm often hesitant to try certain magic hat brews. alot of their beer has declined in quality over the years (look no farther than #9 for an example), but i still like their winter seasonal, Jinx. i'd recommend it to any of you, regardless of your general inclinations towards certain types of beer. its bitter, but not excessively so, and its relatively dark. try red ale with a twist.

flying bison out of buffalo makes some superb brews. aviator red, village idiot (a dark ale), and blackbird oatmeal stout are three of the best beers ive ever had. no exaggeration. blackbird in particular, is the best oatmeal stout ive had. not as 'thick' or overpowering as oatmeal stouts can be. i'd even go so far as to say its refreshing, to a point. you can only get it on tap though, and ive only ever seen it in buffalo city proper. shame they only bottle two or three of their beers for retail.

and for safety beer, theres nothing better than guinness. i'll also drink any of the sam adams ales, or newcastle. or stella. theres nothing wrong with any of these, and theyre way more widely available.

Cheap beer:

PBR

Milwuakee's Beast

Not cheap beer:

Long Trail (especially blackbeary wheat)

Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen (most wheat beers for that matter)

Olde Burnside Ten Penny Ale (it's made in the town next to mine, but it's popularity has grown a lot over the last year. They make it from a huge aquifer that they used to only make ice from, but they now use it for beer)